utterly fed up

Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: utterly fed up

Hi
We were in the same shoes as you only 6 mths ago but we decided to make an 80 grand loss and take the plunge. We are here in Christchurch now and it has not been easy, it has its up s and downs but looking at the whole picture I can say now at this point we are happy we did it.
Good Luck in your decision, Remember life really is too short
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

A- Ha ! There you are yjx1nt7

Ihave been waiting to hear.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

yjx7 etc you need to change your location!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

weve all been through it. We decided that we would come over as soon as we could afford to live here and didn't worry about buying a house just yet. We arrived in january and its great, money will be abit tight for a while but the lifestyle is great and there is lots of things to do for free. Be happy and skint rather than unhappy and wishing you'd done it.
Helen
Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:39 am
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Thanks for all the advice, I completely agree life is way too short to be somewhere you don't want to be. Job interview is tonight, and I am going to do my best to impress. Hubby is trying to find work too and if we can both secure jobs then we are going to go and accept that the state of the economy in the UK means we don't have so much financial security anymore but if we are both working then we'll be ok.

Feeling a lot more positive now, and hoping to get someone who wants to buy our house once we get it finished off!

Will let you know how the interview goes,

thanks again
nik
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:42 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Good Luck

Things seem to be moving in house market, we got a viewer coming this week, did have someone booked last night but they never turned up....
few places sold at weekend, lets hope continues across the country
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:38 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nik
Thanks for all the advice, I completely agree life is way too short to be somewhere you don't want to be. Job interview is tonight, and I am going to do my best to impress. Hubby is trying to find work too and if we can both secure jobs then we are going to go and accept that the state of the economy in the UK means we don't have so much financial security anymore but if we are both working then we'll be ok.

Feeling a lot more positive now, and hoping to get someone who wants to buy our house once we get it finished off!

Will let you know how the interview goes,

thanks again
nik
Hope interview went well......good luck with everything
B
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:27 am
Just Joined

sarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nicesarah3 is just really nice

If your motivation is money (nothing wrong with that) - stay in the UK....if your motivation is to have a life (nothing wrong with that either!) come to NZ.

Having lived in NZ twice now (from the UK) ....the first time 1995 - 2000 the second 2007 to now...this is my hard learned advice that it all boils down to....coming to NZ will knacker you financially unless you have some sort of independant income from the UK ie rental properties, investments etc HOWEVER it is worth it if you spend your UK money wisely to set up the lifestyle you want to start with.

Good luck!!!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sarah3
If your motivation is money (nothing wrong with that) - stay in the UK....if your motivation is to have a life (nothing wrong with that either!) come to NZ.

Having lived in NZ twice now (from the UK) ....the first time 1995 - 2000 the second 2007 to now...this is my hard learned advice that it all boils down to....coming to NZ will knacker you financially unless you have some sort of independant income from the UK ie rental properties, investments etc HOWEVER it is worth it if you spend your UK money wisely to set up the lifestyle you want to start with.

Good luck!!!
Have some karma,.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:11 am
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

Thanks Sarah!
We had always hoped to sell come back to NZ with enough money to have a small mortgage as we know that the pay is not as good! Hence the disappointment in the house value. But we've come to terms with it now we've had to get used to it!

On the plus side my interview went well and I have a second phone interview next week so I am feeling pretty optimistic on that front. Our friends are emailing daily updates on jobs for my hubby so fingers crossed we'll both be ok!

Really appreciate all the comments, they make a lot of sense
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:55 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

good luck nik!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:09 pm
nik
Forum Regular

Thanks - second phone interview is tomorrow morning so hopefully I'll know something one way or the other soon! REALLY want this job!!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:11 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah3
...coming to NZ will knacker you financially unless you have some sort of independant income from the UK
Hmmm, but many many kiwi's don't have that and still manage fine...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.