Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Unsure Of Move Now

Unsure Of Move Now

Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:06 pm
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unsure Of Move Now

hello we are in our final stages of the immigration visa process i am a secondary school teacher and my partner is a mechanic we will be taking approx £200,000 but now after reading loads and loads of threads most of them negative im changing my mind about the place im sick of reading about poor wages crime racism house prices etc ive only seen one decent positive report about someone who went to nelson and liked it does anyone have any more positive stuff to say as the cons far out shine the pros im now looking at canada again especially nova scotia
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unsure Of Move Now

Don't listen to those negative posts.
Have you been to NZ to see for yourself?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:37 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baileyalison
hello we are in our final stages of the immigration visa process i am a secondary school teacher and my partner is a mechanic we will be taking approx £200,000 but now after reading loads and loads of threads most of them negative im changing my mind about the place im sick of reading about poor wages crime racism house prices etc ive only seen one decent positive report about someone who went to nelson and liked it does anyone have any more positive stuff to say as the cons far out shine the pros im now looking at canada again especially nova scotia
Complete madness!
Can you not separate fact from someone elses expereinces?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:24 pm
Banned

YES I CAN seperate fact from other peoples experience but why does every thread say the same things crap housing poor wages expensive living crime etc we both have good jobs here we want to better ourselves not go backwards these people writing these are not dollopers they are english people nurses teachers etc good skilled people im now very scepticle on the whole thing theres just too many people saying the same thing it must be bad if they want to come back to this s***hole of a country theres no great in great britain anymore its full of the dregs from everywhere else thats why we want to get out leave a sinking ship and all that
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:40 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

YES I CAN seperate fact from other peoples experience but why does every thread say the same things crap housing poor wages expensive living crime etc we both have good jobs here we want to better ourselves not go backwards these people writing these are not dollopers they are english people nurses teachers etc good skilled people im now very scepticle on the whole thing theres just too many people saying the same thing it must be bad if they want to come back to this s***hole of a country theres no great in great britain anymore its full of the dregs from everywhere else thats why we want to get out leave a sinking ship and all that
I think if you really read 30+ threads you will see 3 things
1 - There are an awful lot of positives from people moving there, already there and even from those coming home.
2 - The negative posts tend to come from a handful of people who have had genuinely negative expereinces. I could keep banging on about negative aspects of the UK and sure enough some people would think it was hell on earth!
3 - NZ is not better or worse than the UK - it's different. If you want Nirvana then put on very deep red specs, have a lobotomy and move anywhere in the world. Do your research based on facts - there are thousands of sites and books etc - but don't make a decision based on the posts on this forum or else you will always regret it. Invest a grand or 2 and go there and see for yourself.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:40 pm
Damages

theres just too many people saying the same thing it must be bad if they want to come back to this s***hole of a country theres no great in great britain anymore its full of the dregs from everywhere else thats why we want to get out leave a sinking ship and all that
Most of them are our own dregs.

Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:53 pm
Give us a kiss

This is a very curious post Alison. As about 10 mins after you posted this on the NZ site, you posted on the Canadian site that your partner had just been offered a job in Nova Scotia! They do move fast don't they. I expect you've probably just landed there by now and got the kettle on.

Methinks you simply posted this message to stir the old faeces a little? Am I wrong or are you really applying to live in 2 places - a little greedy eh?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:09 pm
Damages

we want to better ourselves
If you really want to better yourselves you can only do it by becoming better, not by moving.

full of the dregs from everywhere else
It sounds as if you aspire to be NZ's new dregs.

Regards

Ali

Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Biddy
This is a very curious post Alison. As about 10 mins after you posted this on the NZ site, you posted on the Canadian site that your partner had just been offered a job in Nova Scotia! They do move fast don't they. I expect you've probably just landed there by now and got the kettle on.

Methinks you simply posted this message to stir the old faeces a little? Am I wrong or are you really applying to live in 2 places - a little greedy eh?
i think unlike you im actually on with doing something weve applied to new zealand and he has a job offer in nova scotia through friends im not stirring im just trying to find out info thank you very much so please keep youre unwanted sarcasim to yourself
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:01 pm
Banned

1 - There are an awful lot of positives from people moving there, already there and even from those coming home.
2 - The negative posts tend to come from a handful of people who have had genuinely negative expereinces. I could keep banging on about negative aspects of the UK and sure enough some people would think it was hell on earth!
3 - NZ is not better or worse than the UK - it's different. If you want Nirvana then put on very deep red specs, have a lobotomy and move anywhere in the world. Do your research based on facts - there are thousands of sites and books etc - but don't make a decision based on the posts on this forum or else you will always regret it. Invest a grand or 2 and go there and see for yourself.
have you lived there
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:04 pm
Banned

why are you on here anyway are you thinking of going to new zealand or canada or australia or anywhere
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

people writing these are not dollopers they are english people im now very scepticle
English People!
Scepticle!
sarcasim!

You say that you are a secondary school teacher!
What exactly is it that you teach please?
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:09 am
Damages

English People!
In a local shop for local people no doubt!

we didn't burn them

Regards, Ali

Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:38 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Unsure Of Move Now

Forgive my ignorance but is there no crime in the UK? I think no matter where in the world you choose to go you are always going to find negative things because life is like that. You really need to research things carefully by taking a trip there first yourself afterall your the one going to live there. How can you seriously contemplate a move on such grand scale if you have never been there?
Yes Im a Kiwi & I absolutely love the place but the things I love you may find you detest. There are good & bad things in every place & location is also a huge factor as obviously some places are worst than others as Im sure is the case in the UK too. My suggestion to you would be to pack a few bags & take a vacation there first to get a taste of it for yourself then make your decision based on what you experience.

Regards
Shepslady
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:06 am
Give us a kiss

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
English People!
Scepticle!
sarcasim!

You say that you are a secondary school teacher!
What exactly is it that you teach please?
Ive a sneeking susspission its not inglish!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.