British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Uk present (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/uk-present-416949/)

sky Jan 4th 2007 11:52 pm

Uk present

Just received this lovely surprise in the post today :D
Yummmmm!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k/P1010049.jpg

SarahB Jan 5th 2007 12:16 am

Re: Uk present

lol..... youre as bad as me!!! My mum still sends me parcels every few weeks full of t-bags, Angel Delights, choccy bars etc. I have to be careful as I only have to say I miss something and she sends it.:) She sent us a Fray Bentos pie a few months ago.... didnt taste as good as we remember them to.

sky Jan 5th 2007 1:13 am

No I've found my taste buds have changed a lot too and some of the uk stuff tastes funny to me now lol

Batty Jan 5th 2007 5:51 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4250242)
No I've found my taste buds have changed a lot too and some of the uk stuff tastes funny to me now lol

My lot keep teasing me :( I only want a few packets of King crisps and they keep telling me they'll send them 'next week' :rolleyes: That's been going on for 18 months now - e f f i n' useless :D

Tell you what Sky - Ferrer Rocher tastes the same wherever you get it - oooh lovely :) I'd never get enough of them! Actually, I don't LOL

sky Jan 5th 2007 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Batty (Post 4250705)
My lot keep teasing me :( I only want a few packets of King crisps and they keep telling me they'll send them 'next week' :rolleyes: That's been going on for 18 months now - e f f i n' useless :D

Tell you what Sky - Ferrer Rocher tastes the same wherever you get it - oooh lovely :) I'd never get enough of them! Actually, I don't LOL

Aww that's really mean of them :mad:

Have you tried Nutella chocolate spread Batty that tastes just like the filling in a Ferrer Rocher :D

Lenny the Lion Jan 6th 2007 3:44 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4250105)
Just received this lovely surprise in the post today :D
Yummmmm!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k/P1010049.jpg

Its a pity they didnt put some pledge in the jiffy bag Sky coz that tables a disgrace:D :D

sky Jan 6th 2007 3:50 am

Cheeky :p
I know what you mean though it looks terrible doesn't it, it's unwaxed and I just give it a scrub with hot water and detergent every now and again to bring it back to something like.

uk+kiwi Jan 6th 2007 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Batty (Post 4250705)

Are they Irish crisps? Don't think I've heard of Kings?

Batty Jan 6th 2007 9:27 am

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi (Post 4254186)
Are they Irish crisps? Don't think I've heard of Kings?

Yeah, you can only get them there :) It's a bit of a joke among Irish expats - crisps used to always be the first thing you'd buy when you got back to Dublin airport :D

Nice one Sky - I'm going to try that Nutella :D

jueinnz Jan 6th 2007 7:18 pm

But it doesn't always work does it...sometimes those English types forget what they doing and they send you new flavours of things not the traditional as it used to be sort...We had a simular parcel from my Nan and because hubby has been off work for two weeks, he has definately ate the loins share. What I like is the little sweets, Parma Violets and the such!!!

pixi-dust Jan 6th 2007 8:52 pm

I bought a big jar of nutella the other day! YUM!

Sky, know what you mean about taste buds - friends brought me back a beef pot noodle a few months back - I was so excited! heehee. But so disappointed when I ate it - have they changed the flavour or something? I had to add all sorts to it. :(

SarahB Jan 6th 2007 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by pixi-dust (Post 4255570)
I bought a big jar of nutella the other day! YUM!

Sky, know what you mean about taste buds - friends brought me back a beef pot noodle a few months back - I was so excited! heehee. But so disappointed when I ate it - have they changed the flavour or something? I had to add all sorts to it. :(

Not liquorice ones I hope!! :D

Same as us when we ate the Fray Bentos pie that mum sent the other month.... it just wasnt as good as we remembered them to be.

soulflour Jan 6th 2007 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Batty (Post 4254245)
Yeah, you can only get them there :) It's a bit of a joke among Irish expats - crisps used to always be the first thing you'd buy when you got back to Dublin airport :D

Batty (ha ha)n I was sewing the other day and listening to the radio and trancing out as i do and I ended up listening to a programme all about King crisps - the history, the development etc. etc. I'd never heard of them until then but by the end I was DESPERATE to try them :D

S x

Batty Jan 6th 2007 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by soulflour (Post 4255585)
Batty (ha ha)n I was sewing the other day and listening to the radio and trancing out as i do and I ended up listening to a programme all about King crisps - the history, the development etc. etc. I'd never heard of them until then but by the end I was DESPERATE to try them :D

S x

:D Oh stop!!! The only good thing about not being able to get them is that I've lost weight - a packet of crisps a day is like drinking so many litres of cooking oil a year!!!!!!:eek: