Uk present

Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:52 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uk present

Just received this lovely surprise in the post today
Yummmmm!!!!!

Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk present

lol..... youre as bad as me!!! My mum still sends me parcels every few weeks full of t-bags, Angel Delights, choccy bars etc. I have to be careful as I only have to say I miss something and she sends it. She sent us a Fray Bentos pie a few months ago.... didnt taste as good as we remember them to.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:13 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

No I've found my taste buds have changed a lot too and some of the uk stuff tastes funny to me now lol
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:51 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
No I've found my taste buds have changed a lot too and some of the uk stuff tastes funny to me now lol
My lot keep teasing me I only want a few packets of King crisps and they keep telling me they'll send them 'next week' That's been going on for 18 months now - e f f i n' useless

Tell you what Sky - Ferrer Rocher tastes the same wherever you get it - oooh lovely I'd never get enough of them! Actually, I don't LOL
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:41 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by Batty
My lot keep teasing me I only want a few packets of King crisps and they keep telling me they'll send them 'next week' That's been going on for 18 months now - e f f i n' useless

Tell you what Sky - Ferrer Rocher tastes the same wherever you get it - oooh lovely I'd never get enough of them! Actually, I don't LOL
Aww that's really mean of them

Have you tried Nutella chocolate spread Batty that tastes just like the filling in a Ferrer Rocher
Old Jan 6th 2007, 3:44 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Originally Posted by sky
Just received this lovely surprise in the post today
Yummmmm!!!!!

Its a pity they didnt put some pledge in the jiffy bag Sky coz that tables a disgrace
Old Jan 6th 2007, 3:50 am
sky
Banned

Cheeky
I know what you mean though it looks terrible doesn't it, it's unwaxed and I just give it a scrub with hot water and detergent every now and again to bring it back to something like.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:24 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Are they Irish crisps? Don't think I've heard of Kings?
Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:27 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Are they Irish crisps? Don't think I've heard of Kings?
Yeah, you can only get them there It's a bit of a joke among Irish expats - crisps used to always be the first thing you'd buy when you got back to Dublin airport

Nice one Sky - I'm going to try that Nutella
Old Jan 6th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

But it doesn't always work does it...sometimes those English types forget what they doing and they send you new flavours of things not the traditional as it used to be sort...We had a simular parcel from my Nan and because hubby has been off work for two weeks, he has definately ate the loins share. What I like is the little sweets, Parma Violets and the such!!!
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:52 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a big jar of nutella the other day! YUM!

Sky, know what you mean about taste buds - friends brought me back a beef pot noodle a few months back - I was so excited! heehee. But so disappointed when I ate it - have they changed the flavour or something? I had to add all sorts to it.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
I bought a big jar of nutella the other day! YUM!

Sky, know what you mean about taste buds - friends brought me back a beef pot noodle a few months back - I was so excited! heehee. But so disappointed when I ate it - have they changed the flavour or something? I had to add all sorts to it.
Not liquorice ones I hope!!

Same as us when we ate the Fray Bentos pie that mum sent the other month.... it just wasnt as good as we remembered them to be.
Old Jan 6th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

Yeah, you can only get them there It's a bit of a joke among Irish expats - crisps used to always be the first thing you'd buy when you got back to Dublin airport
Batty (ha ha)n I was sewing the other day and listening to the radio and trancing out as i do and I ended up listening to a programme all about King crisps - the history, the development etc. etc. I'd never heard of them until then but by the end I was DESPERATE to try them

S x
Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:43 pm
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by soulflour
Batty (ha ha)n I was sewing the other day and listening to the radio and trancing out as i do and I ended up listening to a programme all about King crisps - the history, the development etc. etc. I'd never heard of them until then but by the end I was DESPERATE to try them

S x
Oh stop!!! The only good thing about not being able to get them is that I've lost weight - a packet of crisps a day is like drinking so many litres of cooking oil a year!!!!!!