Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK to NZ December 2010

UK to NZ December 2010

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice
Default Re: UK to NZ December 2010

I don't know about the rest of you but is turning into a military operation trying to get a family of 4 from Halifax to London to heathrow to singapore to auckland and then down to wanganui. Talk about planes, trains and automobiles thats us!! Coach, coach, plane, hotel, plane, hotel and then hire car. It feels like we are going on holiday not going to live. Booked everything now which feels good, even confirmed the packers today just have to send a deposit. Listening to the rain and wind outside, it can't come soon enough. Just now waiting for the last 2 passports to come back and then there is no stopping us
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Wow End of year already Anyone making the move or thinking
about it in December

Dewb
Hi
Well because of solicitors dragging there feet with the house move it looks like we will be making the move in December now.
Hopefully Christchurch but job offer wants me to go to Auckland so we are still in negotiation with that one.
I will keep you posted
Old Nov 7th 2010, 11:37 am
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbles
We're booked....... we fly out of heathrow on 30th December, have new years eve in singapore and then arrive in auckland late on the 1st January. We're heading for Rotorua.....can't wait, all getting abit scarry now.
helen
See you there, we shall be arriving in Rotorua on or around that date, all things being well
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

hi,
Whats made you choose rotorua? I have a job at rotorua girls high school which starts on the 28th january so we planning a few weeks holiday first before i start. We arrive in NZ on the 2nd Jan but won't be going up rotorua till the week after that as we are visiting my mum first then we will head up and try and find somewhere to rent. Have you found anywhere yet or are you using any specific estate agent? would love to hear about you and your plans
Helen
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:12 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Caroline has a job in Rotorua boys school which starts on the 26th jan, we are coming over earlier to stay with friends in Christchurch over new year and taking a slow drive up through the south island.
We are lucky enough to have accomodation provided at the school for now until we get on our feet, cant believe how lucky we have been with that.

Mick
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

What does Caroline teach? Strange that we are both going over for jobs. Yes you are lucky to have accomdation, my new head is letting us use her 2 bedroomed flat under her house when we first get there whilst we look for somewhere but we hopefully won't have to put her out for long. Out container goes on the 27th so we should have it at the beginning of feb hopefully. Have you got a job to go to? My husband is not looking till we get out there so he can sort the kids out first (6 and 9)
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:38 am
mick/caz

Hi Helen,
Caroline is a mathematics AST over here, she did originally apply for a maths job at Rotorua, but the head got in touch the next day offering her the position of assistant head of faculty as they are trying to introduce part of the english curriculum of there, so we got another result with that!
I dont have anything to go over there, have made a few contacts, but got the usual " get in touch when we arrive " which is fair enough, but very frustrating, so have pretty much given up applying , just looking all the time seeing what is about.
What does your OH do work wise, must admit i am a touch concerned with the lack of vacancies for electrical jobs, just hope i dont need to go into Auckland!!

Mick
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

spooky as I am a maths teacher also at the grammar school here in halifax. Maybe they wanted me because i'm english too, it would explain why i got the job over the phone and by just my references, they offered me the job straight away. Has Caroline taught over there before? I spent 5 years teaching out there from 2000 to 2005 so I know the exam system etc.
My OH is hoping to go back into the police force, but until then he is currently a bike mechanic as he is into mountain biking big time.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:43 am
mick/caz

Hi,
We was over nz earlier this year, we spent time in hamilton and taranga, but most of it wasin the northlands, you proberly know but it seemed most of the places we went to, there were boards up with advertisements to join the police force, so unless things have changed, i dont think the OH will have to much of a problem.
As for the mountain biking, thats one of the things i am looking forward to doing when we are there, theres not much opportunity for it in gravesend and most of the land is privately owned, so if he needs some company, am up for it.

Mick
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Count him in Mick, he loves it. we live in halifax in yorkshire so it doesn't get much better so he's hoping he will enjoy it out there, he's looked in the local clubs and he seems to think there is a lot going on to keep him busy. He's going to be quite frustrated waiting for the container to arrive with his bikes!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Flights booked to LA on the 6th Dec .We will have a mini holiday then travel from LA to Auckland on 13th Dec . Then fly or drive to Christchurch and finally arrive in Oxford Christmas in the sun !!!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

jaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nice
Default arriving 6th dec!!!

Hi all, flights booked and arrive auckland 6th dec....cannot wait but a rollercoaster of emotions now as reality hits that what i have wanted to do for so very long is actually going to happen!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

I know how you feel, as you do this last final countdown it because very real and we've still got 44 days till we fly. Very exciting though so hopefully all the hard work will be worth it
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
Hi
Flights booked to LA on the 6th Dec .We will have a mini holiday then travel from LA to Auckland on 13th Dec . Then fly or drive to Christchurch and finally arrive in Oxford Christmas in the sun !!!
Looking forward to you arriving and renting my home out
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

So excited now 18 days and counting .
Can t wait to meet Harrogate girl Thanks for all your help xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.