Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK Electrician WHV Christchurch

UK Electrician WHV Christchurch

Old Jul 20th 2013, 8:43 am
Just Joined

serpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really nice
Default UK Electrician WHV Christchurch

Hi All,

Ok, so i'm travelling to christchurch in October 2013, I am looking to test the water for New Zealand. I backpacked there in 2007 and loved every minute of it.

I'm now a qualified electrician and experienced fire alarm technician (5+ years experience, looking to earn good money ($70k+) and have heard a lot about the christchurch area. (Currently registering with EWRB for practicing licence)

I do not mind working anywhere in NZ, but am again looking for a strong salary (I hope my expectations are not too high!), I know that Australia has a stronger currency/more work. But I fell in love with New Zealand.

Is anyone an Electrician working in NZ at the moment or knows anyone? Any advice on salary expectations would be great, I've looked at Seek but understand that they could be greater through word of mouth/overtime etc

Any advice would be a great help,

Thanks,

Serpico
Old Aug 12th 2013, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

serpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really niceserpico4321 is just really nice
Default Re: UK Electrician WHV Christchurch

No Advice for you.

O dear.

Maybe its a fuse?
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:42 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I saw a thread on here recently that had some salaries quoted, not sure whether they were for electricians specifically but try doing a Search on here. I'm on an iPad so it gets tricky doing stuff sometimes!

Electricians are on the CSSL and the LTSSL. I cannot remember if they are on the ISSL as well. It means that should you be offered a permanent job then there should be no barriers to getting a more long term visa. You're already sorting out registration which you will need.

Best of luck!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Good Evening (BST)

Thanks for the replies!

They have Electronic Equipment Trades Worker on the ISSL, guess that ones is open to interpretation when in comparison to an Electrician.

All in all... Time will tell!

Kind regards,

Serpico
Old Aug 12th 2013, 11:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Electrician is on the Canterbury Shortage list so the employers are free to offer you work.

You could try this web site

Careers NZ Electrician - salary .

As a tradie you are more likely to be offered work once your boots are on NZ soil.

From having a look around, it would seem you do stand a very good chance of picking up work here.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info

That websites a new one I shall check it out.

Cheers,

Serpico
Old Aug 14th 2013, 12:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by serpico4321
Thanks for the info

That websites a new one I shall check it out.

Cheers,

Serpico
You are welcome. I hope it helps.