Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK 2 NZ Jan 2010!!

UK 2 NZ Jan 2010!!

Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:53 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK 2 NZ Jan 2010!!

I've lost track of whose going when!! (doesn't take much!) ...... I know there are a few of us taking a 'leap of faith' in January and thought it might help to have a forum 'diary' of leaving UK dates for those, who like me are finding time rushing by!! .......????

MnB .... 30.01.10 (Air NZ via LA)
Old Nov 12th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK 2 NZ Jan 2010!!

Perry Groves - depends if I get Pr! (Sorry)
Old Nov 12th 2009, 10:14 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Perry Groves - depends if I get Pr! (Sorry)
hope you do & you'll be adding your leaving date soon!!
Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:37 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
30.01.10 (Air NZ via LA)
...that you may regret should of gone San Fran and spent the extra bucks.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 6:41 am
Just Joined

emma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MnB
I've lost track of whose going when!! (doesn't take much!) ...... I know there are a few of us taking a 'leap of faith' in January and thought it might help to have a forum 'diary' of leaving UK dates for those, who like me are finding time rushing by!! .......????

MnB .... 30.01.10 (Air NZ via LA)
Good luck - hope you have better luck here than we have so far!
Old Nov 13th 2009, 4:56 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emma23
will and tina hope to be going out on 20.01.2010 if the ma is bice to us and soon that is,
Tina. x
Old Nov 14th 2009, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
We did this with 2 kids and had no problems

Phyl x
Old Nov 14th 2009, 6:11 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by weejie
We did this with 2 kids and had no problems

Phyl x
Thanks Phyl....must admit we reluctantly booked via LA , but having weighed the pros & cons (and mentally weighed the luggage!!) we decided it's a means to an end for us....if it's as bad as some people have experienced then next time we'll try a different route.....previously have had stop overs in HK, KL and Langkawi and this time as its 'the big one!!' we just want to get there!!

By the way, heading down to SI for a holiday after a few nights in Wellington ... so may see you then
B x
Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:35 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by emma23
hope you find something soon x
Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:37 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
will and tina hope to be going out on 20.01.2010 if the ma is bice to us and soon that is,
Tina. x
Hope so to hun hope you'll be in Tauranga by the time we get there .....we'll be around for drinks on the 'dick!!!x
Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:39 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
maybe, maybe not ....but we'll see
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

educateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really nice

We are flying out in the middle of January. Received our PR passport stickers a few weeks ago and have just booked our flights today.

We are flying into Auckland and moving to the South of Auckland. I have a job there starting at the end of January. We haven't sold our house yet so will be enjoying Xmas and then shipping all of our stuff early January. I have no idea where we will be staying yet so lots of homework to do between now and then.

Hopefully our house will sell soon as we will not be able to buy anything in NZ until it does.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 12:03 pm
MnB

Hi there & welcome to the forum!! (think I may have already said this so apologies if I'm repeating myself!)
Guess December is going to be pretty full on for you guys!! Great that you have a job lined up What date do you fly??
Good luck with house sale, hope you dont have to wait too long for that 'one person' to come along, where in UK are you?

Best wishes for your new start in NZ!!
B x
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

educateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really niceeducateer is just really nice

Hi B

Thanks for the welcome.

We are all flying out on 11th Jan (me, the wife + 2 young kids). I think that the next 8 weeks are going to be very busy. We have been told we may have too many things to put in a 40ft container just to add another complication. I wanted to bring my motorcycle but may have to leave it behind

We live on the Isle of Man so have one additional (and expensive) stretch of water to cross on our journey. The housing market here is unpredictable at the moment so I guess the house will sell when it sells!

I have just got around to updating my signature and forgot what most of the dates were. It was interesting to look back over how long the whole process took.

We are not sure where we are staying yet so I guess finding somewhere like a motel for a week or two is our first priority, shortly followed by arranging a hire car. We can go looking for a rental once we arrive.

Good luck with your move.

Andrew

Last edited by educateer; Nov 15th 2009 at 5:13 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

SHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really nice

Hello all

We will be making the trip out on the 8th Feb ...Air NZ Via LA

Anybody else flying that day ?

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.