Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

transfering money??

transfering money??

Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation transfering money??

hello and goodmoning you helpfull lot!i need more advice! when i come to NZ my wife will stay in the uk to sell our property, so i need to transfer money every month over to my uk bank account to pay the morgatage over there! is it easy to transfer money? and any advice would be greatly received cheers Lee
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: transfering money??

Originally Posted by Leewales
hello and goodmoning you helpfull lot!i need more advice! when i come to NZ my wife will stay in the uk to sell our property, so i need to transfer money every month over to my uk bank account to pay the morgatage over there! is it easy to transfer money? and any advice would be greatly received cheers Lee
Not really knowing, but alot might depend on how much your talking about each month. If your just sending money home to pay the bills, might you be better serve to see if you can pay them from within NZ over 'tinternet'?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice

We use Paypal because is free and easy.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

hi jacky here dont know if this works both ways but weve just transferred money from here to our nz bank account for us coming out next week.each transaction cost us 40 pound ish,and thay said it takes five working days to clear into our account.hope this helps
Old Jul 15th 2007, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

alanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nicealanbos66 is just really nice

Hi mate,
we are moving over to NZ next week. We faced the same problem, but the other way around, ie moving money from UK to NZ. The banks will fleece you for electronic transfers, and as far as i know 'tinterweb wont let you do international money transfers. A company called 'moneycorp.com' was recommended to us. you'll find them on the web and they will sort everything out. each transfer is a max of £15 and they promise to get a better exchange rate than the banks will give you.
All the best
Alan
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:01 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Once you set up an account here in New Zealand it is easy enough to go into the bank and ask for a bank draught in whichever currency you want. For example, I bank with National Bank and I want to send a US dollar draught to the US. I walk in, tell the teller how much I want in US dollars, the amount is taken out of my account and a NZ$15.00 fee is charged. The draught is ready the next day. It's easy.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough

excellent advice, when you say ready? in your bank account in the uk? i mean they will transfer it over night
Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:14 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leewales
excellent advice, when you say ready? in your bank account in the uk? i mean they will transfer it over night
Sorry, it's a paper bank draught. The kind you stick in an envelope and put in the post. Electronic transfers cost NZ$25, I think.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:27 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

We've used XE.com's transfer service a few times. They can give better rates than the banks. Takes some setting up because they're careful to verify who you are but once it's there it's easy to use. The other big one is HIFX
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Try looking at www.easyexchange.co.uk they seem to do NZ Aus and S Africa and only charge £6
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

cheers mate
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:21 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

For moving money from the UK to NZ, set up a Flex account with Nationwide.

We still have our dosh in the UK till the rate improves ( please God soon!!) but in the meantime we have used it for a few things such as buying cars. Just went into the bank, handed over debit card & Bob's your uncle.

You can withdraw $800 per day from the cashpoint too.

BTW Nationwide DO NOT charge for oversease transactions.