Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tracking shipment...

Tracking shipment...

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Tracking shipment...

So I was told our container was on a certain vessel... and we've been watching its movements closely with marinetraffic.com. Anyhow I went onto the Maersk website and checked its stops...

...it doesn't stop in Auckland!

I'm assuming our container is being "transhipped" and so has been placed on a different vessel for sailing to Auckland.

Any ideas how to track a container? I only have a 13 digit number, and not 4 letters and X numbers as stipulated on some websites!

I stipulated the shipping line to be Maersk... indeed it was in our "contract" as such... and I want to ensure it has been for its entire journey!

I've contacted the UK person I was dealing with... haven't had a reply yet!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dunfermline, Scotland soon to be North Shore Auckland
Lejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant futureLejamez has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tracking shipment...

Sorry I can't help but just wanted to say OMG hope it all gets sorted. We've just had guys out giving quotes and both said online tracking would be easy for us. Now not so sure so will be specific in my questions when we decide who to go with.

Anyway here's hoping it just a minor glitch and your stuff arrives safe and sound
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Have you asked the NZ company that you're dealing with as well as the British? Pickfords UK told us the name of the ship and we tracked ours as far as China I think, the container was then transferred and we lost track of it. Pickfords UK contacted Pickfords in Wellington and they told us the name of the new ship and the date it was due into port. We could also track its arrival via the port website and our admin was then taken over via Pickfords Wellington as well.

I must admit that was one reason we went with Pickfords so that there was not a third party company involved at this end and communication was easier.

Yours has almost certainly got transferred too. Do you have a date for its arrival in Auckland - you may then be able to track backwards as you can see the names of the ships due in on any particular day via the port website?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

After a few emails its all sorted

As usual I got annoyed and ranted on here!

Its been transferred to another Maersk line that is arriving in NZ 11th August

Hopefully it won't take too long after that when I can see my bike and all our belongings!

I've heard that once the motorcycle has cleared customs and MAF I can ride it straight home on UK plates and sort compliance out within a couple of months... anyone done this? I'd rather not rush compliance but work out where best to take it!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rick78
I've heard that once the motorcycle has cleared customs and MAF I can ride it straight home on UK plates and sort compliance out within a couple of months... anyone done this? I'd rather not rush compliance but work out where best to take it!
Rick mate, is this right? Where did you hear that? .. Would stop me worrying about putting mine on a trailer etc.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

After a few emails its all sorted

As usual I got annoyed and ranted on here!

Its been transferred to another Maersk line that is arriving in NZ 11th August

Hopefully it won't take too long after that when I can see my bike and all our belongings!

So would you recommend Pickfords so far? I am about to book with them, depending on what insurance quote they send me back depends if get insurance with them or Letton Percival. God its sooo stressful, i thought the application was bad nothing like packing up your whole life....
Old Aug 4th 2011, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I've complained about them a little, but cannot fault them at all - although lets wait for my final conclusion when we unwrap all our goods!

I didn't go for their insurance due to the fact its crap... mind you all insurance is crap... we just deemed LP to be less so... so went with them!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

I've complained about them a little, but cannot fault them at all - although lets wait for my final conclusion when we unwrap all our goods!

I didn't go for their insurance due to the fact its crap... mind you all insurance is crap... we just deemed LP to be less so... so went with them!
Yeah finding that, as long as the expensive stuff is covered, eg all my partners mechanic tools and tool box. thats the main thing.

Glad to hear you are finally getting settled. Not that long for us, time is flying by
Old Aug 4th 2011, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine!

Are you coming to Auckland?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine!

Are you coming to Auckland?
Yeah, we will get there

No, we will be staying with family in Wellington initally, our plan is to get find jobs, then go from there.
So maybe Auckland eventually, though we found it quite busy when we visited last time, we are coming for the quiet, outdoor lifestyle
Old Aug 4th 2011, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Well yeah the city is busy, but nothing like cities in the UK IMHO

We're also here for the quiet outdoor lifestyle... hence living out West in Titirangi!

All the best with the move - sure it'll be fine!