Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Total cost door to door?

Total cost door to door?

Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Total cost door to door?

Does about GBP 10k sound about right to you?

Our flights would be about 2.5k, shipping 3k, visa and agent 2k plus 2.5k start up for first month's rent and deposit...

Need to work out how much we need to save to get us out there. Is 10k a reasonable sum or can we do it for less? Or will we need more???

TIA
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Total cost door to door?

Hi guys.
I movecd this into the main forum where more people tend to visit.

I then remembered there had been two previous threads with some great breakdown of costs included in them.

Here is the LINK
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

I spent approximately 8k all in. If it costs you more ill be surprised, depending on carrier and container costs.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know what it cost us (family of 4) but 10 grand would cover it.
Dont forget costs for medicals

to keep costs down bring EVERYTHING its cheaper than buying new at this end
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:42 pm
Banned

Amiri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011

Our flights would be about 2.5k, shipping 3k, visa and agent 2k plus 2.5k start up for first month's rent and deposit...

Need to work out how much we need to save to get us out there. Is 10k a reasonable sum or can we do it for less? Or will we need more???

TIA
Yes that sounds about right, have you got enough to tide you over if you haven't got a job.

If you think that's expensive, just wait until you find out how much it costs to get out again. Another good reason to make sure this move is really for you - there may literally be no turning back once you're earning Kiwi $$s
Old Jun 28th 2010, 4:29 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011

TIA
How many of you are there? Your figures look light to me but there are 5 of us...the multiple applies to flight and increases the shipping as 5x as much "stuff".... and that is after I have opened fire with the "Black Bin-bag Cannon"
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I agree with the point that it costs much more to leave here than to come in. A good idea would be to get a return ticket and then you can always go back for a holiday later on. Then you can keep getting tickets from the UK instead of here as the air prices in NZ are more than double what they are in the UK.