Top of the world

Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Top of the world

Originally Posted by Genesis
Wages..you should know what you will be earning before you get here.

Damp houses...well sortable as we have done with our home.

The NHS system varies from area to area in the Manawatu we find it is excellent and we have had everything from A and E, 111 call operations and out patients etc....can't fault it.

Climate..if you want good weather you need to be going to Oz unless you choose one of the few places in NZ that have a micro climate,,Nelson, Northland or Hawkes Bay. NZ IS NOT the place to come to for good weather per se.

If you have UK equity housing cost are not such a problem..the median house price is way less here than in UK.

Crime ....well which county or town does not have it? Yes there is LOADS of crime in NZ..just like elsewhere..BUT here where we live crime exisits but does not affect us atall where as back in our old town in the UK we had it wall to wall daily seriously affecting the quality of our lives.

Yes NZ is FULL of issues..its how you deal with them and some of us DO have an excellent lifestyle here in virtually all aspects of our lives.

That said no matter how good things can be in NZ its not for everyone...its seen as backward, insular, remote, boring and many more besides...but some people thrive here because of the latter!! Like me.
We haven't had our little micro climate here in Nelson this winter spring tho Genisis i have never known it be so cold and wet as its been this year in fact for a while there i thought i was back living on the West Coast of the South Island lol................ My mate in Aus that used to live in Nelson laughs at me every day on msn with her quirky little what are you wearing today and my answer is always my polar fleece lol and shes just about to hop in the pool because shes too hot lol...............
Cally