Too long

Old Aug 6th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Too long

It's 10 months since I left my husband and oldest son at Auckland Airport. I had to come back to sell the house. Well, accepted offer and it has been going on for months. Now looks like it has fallen through and will have to start all over again.
Renting it is not an option - debts to pay. Just so pissed of atm. In hindsight....yeah yeah, hindsight is such a wonderful thing.
Oh well, self pitying wallow over for now.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too long

Too sad. What a nightmare
Old Aug 6th 2011, 10:55 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chippy64
It's 10 months since I left my husband and oldest son at Auckland Airport. I had to come back to sell the house. Well, accepted offer and it has been going on for months. Now looks like it has fallen through and will have to start all over again.
Renting it is not an option - debts to pay. Just so pissed of atm. In hindsight....yeah yeah, hindsight is such a wonderful thing.
Wallow away. Hugs across the internet.

In retrospect, hindsight is overrated.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chippy

I left my husband nearly four months ago to come out here, he, like you stayed in the UK to deal with the house and such things. It is a blooming nightmare and the only thing that is keeping both of us going is that it will be worth it in the end.

But for now until he comes out here and you rejoin your family self pitying wallow is the order for the day.

Sending you lots of good vibes

J xx (currently without the D )
Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:16 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billingham
In retrospect, hindsight is overrated.
.....I used to think that...
Old Aug 7th 2011, 6:43 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

That's absolutely awful! I'm so sorry you're going through this, how devastating.

Strange OH and I were just having this conversation a few minutes ago we haven't sold our house yet and he was saying one of us should stay to sort things out while the other goes to get things sorted there.

I hope you get a good offer soon that goes through!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 6:55 pm
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point

omg guys you poor things i am sure everyone has told you that it will be worth it in the end but its just dealing with it. my house is too on the market but i am still stuck in the UK at least half of your is there.

keep your chin up girl and carry on, you aint much choice really but as the saying goes IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT when its all over and you say goodbye to these shores for good.

Old Aug 7th 2011, 10:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sorry to read that Chippy. So close and then it's snatched away again. Nightmare!
Why has it fallen through. Are they after a further reduction in price.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 10:35 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Totally feel for you, must be so hard having your family split up aside from the nightmare of trying to sell.

Is there no way at all you could rent out the english house and join everyone over here? it really is a shite time to sell and bring money over anyway.... another couple of years could make the difference of tens of thousands on exchange rates alone?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:37 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear this chippy, what a disappointment. Fingers crossed you get some good news asap.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Hope things get better for you soon, I will cross lots of these for you x
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

The whole property buying process in England and Wales stinks to high heaven. Only there would they muddle through with such an obviously flawed system. "Been that way for years" would be the response.

I feel for those affected by it.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

HelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by P18PPS
Totally feel for you, must be so hard having your family split up aside from the nightmare of trying to sell.

Is there no way at all you could rent out the english house and join everyone over here? it really is a shite time to sell and bring money over anyway.... another couple of years could make the difference of tens of thousands on exchange rates alone?
I have no option but to rent my house out... If I sell now at current climate we wouldn't have enough to buy a house in nz anyway. I've just been arranging quotes to make sure it covers mortgage payments and have found an estate agents who will guarantee rent even if no tennants for piece of mind.
It is a worry and I don't know if i'd be brave enough to be apart from OH and kids
I wish you all the best! all goes well xx
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone .

Have been trying to get hold of the agent since Wednesday but he is not returning any of my calls, so not looking good.

The agent has been pants and I have been spreading the word to avoid them at all costs .

One of the worst things is that I know one half of the couple, which is why I have let things go on for so long, I think.

We need to sell the house to pay off debts and then buy ticket for me and the dog.

With this place and the rental in NZ, things are ridiculously tight. I am existing rather than living. My oven, tv, tumble dryer, car and pc have all stopped working and I can't afford to repair/replace. The person I used to get a lift into work with can no longer do so and there is no public transport any where near my place of work, so I am looking for a different job. I also have an interview for weekend work at a supermarket, which if I get it means I will be working 7 full days a week.

I hate my life. I keep telling myself that there are a lot of people out there far worse off than me but sometime, today being one of those, it just don't help.

Right, that's enough. I will try not to post any more stuff like this =-see you when I have something nice and positive to say!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:08 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone .

Have been trying to get hold of the agent since Wednesday but he is not returning any of my calls, so not looking good.

The agent has been pants and I have been spreading the word to avoid them at all costs .

One of the worst things is that I know one half of the couple, which is why I have let things go on for so long, I think.

We need to sell the house to pay off debts and then buy ticket for me and the dog.

With this place and the rental in NZ, things are ridiculously tight. I am existing rather than living. My oven, tv, tumble dryer, car and pc have all stopped working and I can't afford to repair/replace. The person I used to get a lift into work with can no longer do so and there is no public transport any where near my place of work, so I am looking for a different job. I also have an interview for weekend work at a supermarket, which if I get it means I will be working 7 full days a week.

I hate my life. I keep telling myself that there are a lot of people out there far worse off than me but sometime, today being one of those, it just don't help.

Right, that's enough. I will try not to post any more stuff like this =-see you when I have something nice and positive to say!
What a mess. No Chippy, please keep posting and it's fine to vent every now and then. Hopefully things will pick up for you very soon. I think it's safe to say you're not alone, house sales are very slow everywhere. We've had over a dozen viewings and nothing we even reduced the price and still no takers. At least you've got the dog - dogs are great anti-depressants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.