British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Thread killer inspired thread killer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/thread-killer-inspired-thread-killer-441651/)

owen Apr 12th 2007 2:22 pm

Thread killer inspired thread killer

Just wondering, it is often the content of the thread that kills a conversation rather than the poster.

So what question posted annoys the most?

Mine is when the OP gives no useful info and then wants a complete stranger to suggest what to do with their life

" I am from the Yukon territories married with 2.5 wives and 13 children, 5 huskies and a yeti. Where in NZ do I want to live?"

Hate trying to answer the impossible, so I don't bother :confused:

What yours?

ezzkazz Apr 12th 2007 2:37 pm

Re: Thread killer inspired thread killer

what is the .5 then ...very small??:huh:

ceri75 Apr 12th 2007 2:40 pm

[QUOTE=owen;4632138]Just wondering, it is often the content of the thread that kills a conversation rather than the poster.
I suppose, I dont particularly find anyones questions that i've read to be 'annoying'....vague, lacking direction & definition...yes but not annoying.
I just take it that sometimes people are looking to be reassured that they're not the only ones to do this & not that they are particularly asking for someone to make the decision for them :) anyhow thats just me :thumbup:

owen Apr 12th 2007 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ezzkazz (Post 4632194)
what is the .5 then ...very small??:huh:

part-time!!

ezzkazz Apr 12th 2007 3:26 pm

I'm with ceri

Mandie Apr 12th 2007 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by owen (Post 4632138)
Just wondering, it is often the content of the thread that kills a conversation rather than the poster.

So what question posted annoys the most?

Mine is when the OP gives no useful info and then wants a complete stranger to suggest what to do with their life

" I am from the Yukon territories married with 2.5 wives and 13 children, 5 huskies and a yeti. Where in NZ do I want to live?"

Hate trying to answer the impossible, so I don't bother :confused:

What yours?

Ummm!!!
i suppose what one person find unhelpful will be enough info for another person to give an answer that is helpful :rofl: that makes sense to me but to you it may make you feel:curse: !!!

we're all different i suppose...i don't like nastiness.

I was at work the other week when someone i work with said to a student ' oh tell them that stupid question you asked me'

i was like OMG...how dare she call her question stupid, for one if she doesn't know the answer then it's a valid question and two if you put someone down like that it may stop them from asking again and they'll learn less.

:wub: love to all:wub:

ezzkazz Apr 12th 2007 5:23 pm

most of us on here are here for the same reason to find out info or to give it out.
Some questions and threads may be pointless to some, but then so is this thread to me.
Each to their own.

Geelong Gent Apr 12th 2007 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by owen (Post 4632278)
part-time!!

Borrowed for special occasions