Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Wellington on a business visa

Thinking of moving to Wellington on a business visa

Old May 9th 2010, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

iduffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to Wellington on a business visa

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are thinking of making the big move to NZ with our two and a half year old son. We've had itchy feet for some years but never done anything about it. But now we have a little one (and he is growing fast) we want to make the move before he gets too old and too disruptive for him.

I have my own business as a freelance software developer in the UK and I'd quite like to be doing the same in NZ. After doing some research I've settled on Wellington as the place to go. Most of the advice and stories I read about are naturally for the skilled migrant / EOI / points-scoring route. Are there any ex-pats out there who have gone the Long Term Business Visa route?

I plan to make a trip to NZ in the next couple of months to do a recce and want to make sure I make the most of my trip and ask the right questions.
The main thing is to have a drive round and decide where to rent but I also hope to make contact with some businesses or agencies that might help me find my feet. Anyone who wants to meet up with me and share stories over a beer would be great.

Ian
Old May 9th 2010, 9:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Wellington on a business visa

Welcome to this little NZ BE forum.

A link you may find useful.
Old May 9th 2010, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

iduffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Wellington on a business visa

Originally Posted by BEVS
Welcome to this little NZ BE forum.

A link you may find useful.
Many thanks for the link.
I've just had a look at the Unlimited Potential website - looks like they could be very useful to know.

Ian