Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thinking about moving to NZ

Thinking about moving to NZ

Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Debbie25 will become famous soon enough
Default Thinking about moving to NZ

Hi my name is Debbie, my family and I are considering moving to NZ in the near future. My husband and I are both 37 years old and we have two children aged 6 and 3. I am a lecturer at a University in the UK and my husband runs a business developing computer games. We were both brought up overseas and are now looking to provide our children with the same opportunities that we were given. We love the outdoor lifestyle and long to be living close to the sea again.

What I'm really looking for is any advice with regard to searching for employment and applying for visas etc. Also just general info on what it is like to live in NZ.

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Thinking about moving to NZ

Kia Ora .Lovely to have you here on this little NZ forum.

Try the Immy part of the forum for all things visa and for anything else there is the main NZ forum where most folks hang out.

Ask anything about anything.. All are friendly . Some are a wee bit bonkers & we are all happy to help if we can.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Kia Ora .Lovely to have you here on this little NZ forum.

Try the Immy part of the forum for all things visa and for anything else there is the main NZ forum where most folks hang out.

Ask anything about anything.. All are friendly . Some are a wee bit bonkers & we are all happy to help if we can.
Like who?????? I thought we were all perfectly sane

Anyways, welcome Debbie. I'm sure this site will prove useful to you.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya & Welcome Debbie
Feel free to ask anything you want (Within reason!!)
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Thinking about moving to NZ

Originally Posted by Debbie25
Hi my name is Debbie, my family and I are considering moving to NZ in the near future. My husband and I are both 37 years old and we have two children aged 6 and 3. I am a lecturer at a University in the UK and my husband runs a business developing computer games. We were both brought up overseas and are now looking to provide our children with the same opportunities that we were given. We love the outdoor lifestyle and long to be living close to the sea again.

What I'm really looking for is any advice with regard to searching for employment and applying for visas etc. Also just general info on what it is like to live in NZ.

Many thanks

Debbie
WElCOME!!!!! just ask away Debbie!

xx Berni xx
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:11 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the asylum!!!

if we can be of any help, just shout
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:21 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Another 'welcome' from us!
B x
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:11 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just joined myself today, somehow feel by joining a forum I am really on my way LOL

Had hoped to be on move by now but dare I say it........HOUSING MARKET

Look forward to getting to know everyone on here!

Dx