Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Thinking about moving back to England

Thinking about moving back to England

Old Oct 7th 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

KevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really niceKevinS is just really nice
Default Re: Thinking about moving back to England

Originally Posted by love30stm
I fear your right

My daughter is still trying to gain employment and shes 19 and never had a job apart from voluntary work
Hi, My daughter was 24 when we left NZ, and could not get a job in the 6 years she tried - either in New Plymouth or Wellington. She had so many interviews it was unbelievable - even when she shone at the interview they would never call back - just soul destroying. But as I said 5 weeks back home and she is working. There is nothing quite like seeing someone get their first pay check
My daughter tried for 2 years to get on the free Barista/Cafe courses, but for whatever reason the centre in Porirua never accepted her applications - perhaps your daughter might have better luck.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

phyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi

Your one solution fits all obviously doesn't work for everybody does it.

Hmmmmm. Pot, kettle and black come to mind
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:33 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phyns
Hmmmmm. Pot, kettle and black come to mind
Indeed!!!
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:36 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KevinS
Hi, My daughter was 24 when we left NZ, and could not get a job in the 6 years she tried - either in New Plymouth or Wellington. She had so many interviews it was unbelievable - even when she shone at the interview they would never call back - just soul destroying. But as I said 5 weeks back home and she is working. There is nothing quite like seeing someone get their first pay check
My daughter tried for 2 years to get on the free Barista/Cafe courses, but for whatever reason the centre in Porirua never accepted her applications - perhaps your daughter might have better luck.
Thanks but not planning on returning to the UK
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by simonsi
Indeed!!!
Yep!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2012, 10:46 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinS
Did she ever get any feedback why she was unsuccessful? it's really hard on kids when they've done their very best and they aren't told why they got knocked back. It takes a lot of courage for them to keep trying, I'm glad for her that she persevered and did ok for herself in the end.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Can we cut the personal jibes please people or I will be forced to shut this thread down.

Can I remind you all of that fine piece of state of the art technology, the IGNORE button .

Many thanks
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

My kids all have UK and NZ passports and so do I. It's great and just opens up their options a bit. Oldest now works in Sydney. Only wish hubby had got his British citizenship before we came back to NZ.
IMO always keep as many doors as possible open.
Kaz
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:42 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Can we cut the personal jibes please people or I will be forced to shut this thread down.

Can I remind you all of that fine piece of state of the art technology, the IGNORE button .

Many thanks
God point, the thread has been taken over and gone so far off the original point/topic. To many angry posters !
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Rolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
God point, the thread has been taken over and gone so far off the original point/topic. To many angry posters !
I know Vital is a moderator, but didn't know she'd been elevated to the status of a God. . .
Sorry, couldn't resist!
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rolfie
I know Vital is a moderator, but didn't know she'd been elevated to the status of a God. . .
Sorry, couldn't resist!
Wow! But as an atheist I wouldn't believe in myself
Old Oct 9th 2012, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Just call me M'Lady and a simple genuflection will do thanks
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Rolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Just call me M'Lady and a simple genuflection will do thanks
OK, just as long as you keep posting in the traditional fashion, and don't resort to stone tablets
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:49 am

Thread gone off topic I see
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by love30stm
Thread gone off topic I see
Or perhaps just run it's course. . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.