Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you can't buy in New Zealand

Things you can't buy in New Zealand

Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you can't buy in New Zealand

Originally Posted by love30stm
Strip o grams
http://strippersrus.co.nz
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:23 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Had to have a look:

Same as full nude strip with a lapdance, but on the last song a long string of pearls will gradually appear from where??!!%%. XX Rated 3 songs $320

Classy.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:27 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't buy game meat or trout
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Gammon. No, not ham steaks, gammon. Cold water prawns. No, not from Thailand or Vietnam and smell like cat food. Turkey breast steaks, or for that matter turkey, period. Instant custard powder. Is it really so difficult ? I can't bear making custard like my Gran used to. Which is rubbish anyway 'cause it's Edmonds not Birds custard powder. Yeah I can buy readymade custard but what I really want is Birds instant custard powder. Vintage marmalade. The local brands of marmalade are to sweet. Cadburys cocoa powder. Yeah I've brought that brand here but it tastes different. Cadburys chocolate seems to taste sweeter too. They seem to have gone down the American route with chocolate and biscuits making them more sweet than they need to be, i.e. more sweet than actual taste. Weight Watchers from Heinz products. Mainstream Weight Watchers meals are yuk anywhere in the world. Paxo stuffing. The local equivalnet tastes like gravel. Sarsons vinegar. Why are the vinegar bottles so large here ? Why are they catering brands ? Small cans of Schweppes tonic water, can only get 330ml bottles here. Oh I've got such a shopping list for Bramptins the next time I visit, which will include Tetley tea bags.
Crikey love, you have to build a bridge, because unless you're the richest woman in NZ you seriously cannot be affording to source or substitute all the UK things you miss from the likes of Bramptins. Your tastes will change, because quite simply, they have to.

I could moan for England about some things here and I honestly thought I had heard them all, but the sizes of bottles of vinegar has me .

If it really is so difficult for you to make custard the old fashioned way, with milk and custard powder, have cream or ice-cream instead. Sorted!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Oh well you proved me wrong
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Crikey love, you have to build a bridge, because unless you're the richest woman in NZ you seriously cannot be affording to source or substitute all the UK things you miss from the likes of Bramptins. Your tastes will change, because quite simply, they have to.

I could moan for England about some things here and I honestly thought I had heard them all, but the sizes of bottles of vinegar has me .

If it really is so difficult for you to make custard the old fashioned way, with milk and custard powder, have cream or ice-cream instead. Sorted!
I personally love the chocolate like milo, chocolate fish and some of the american ones like hersheys... Yummy
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Things you can't buy in New Zealand

Originally Posted by alanmacc
...heroin anywhere
It's always surprised me that druggies haven't figured out that with a house in the country they could get as much opium as they wanted for smoking or making heroin .

The opium poppy, Papaver somniferum, is legal to grown in New Zealand and readily available. We have to outsource everything though, even illegal drug production...lazy IMO .
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:34 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Stylish decent clothes
I always think each to their own, but my life your comment is so true!!!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by alanmacc
I cant seem to get any decent cocaine or heroin anywhere
Try 'P'.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is a veggie and quorn is something we use a lot of Will need to get inventive with the cookbooks!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Gammon
Trout
Unsmoked rashers
Marzipan.
Paxo
Quorn
Quality wine at a decent price
Same for beer.
Unrotten fruit and vege all year round

Bourkes

Flat pack kitchens that aren't all the same boring paint finish.

A roll of wallpaper to check the pattern properly , rather than the wretched swatch books.

Off cuts of good vinyl and carpet to re-vamp a room.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:02 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by florabundi
My daughter is a veggie and quorn is something we use a lot of Will need to get inventive with the cookbooks!
I don't quite understand why it is not available. It is here in the supermarkets in Oz, made in the UK, and Sue has been so impressed with my Spag Bols and Curries that she actually prefers it to chicken and mince now. Ah, right, that is the reason!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Shredded Wheat. Cress. Normal size tins of soup, they are either huge or Soup for One.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Normal size tins of soup, they are either huge or Soup for One.
The contents are vile anyway; we soon learned not to go there and do without any kind of tinned soups.

The only way to get cress is to grow it yourself, you can get mustard and cress seeds in the supermarket.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Off cuts of good vinyl and carpet to re-vamp a room.
Mr BEVS needs to start asking around any new build places and companies, you can often get their off cuts dead cheap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.