Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

THINGS TO THINK OF WHEN HOUSE BUYING/RENTING

Wikiposts

THINGS TO THINK OF WHEN HOUSE BUYING/RENTING

Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THINGS TO THINK OF WHEN HOUSE BUYING/RENTING

Originally Posted by lardyl
Might be an idea to use the Google Maps feature to check out the potential properties from the air to see how many pools are around, I know several Kiwis I worked with who did this when they were looking to move house.......not my idea, theirs......
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THINGS TO THINK OF WHEN HOUSE BUYING/RENTING

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Don't buy a house with a swimming pool until you know the work that goes into cleaning and maintaining it.

Then, if you still want a swimming pool - go ahead.

It does take some time but I feel its well worth it..should get 7 months daily use out of it this year..Mid Oct thru' till end of May. Not that expensive to heat if you have a solar cover aswell as a heat pump. I now buy the chemicals in huge 25kg bags..about 10 times cheaper and use salt from Farmlands (its a salt pool as opposed to a chlorine one)..its well well under half what the pool shops charge. Salt is salt is salt. We have an auto pool cleaner one of those barracuda things that cleans the pool floor when its filtering over night. Finally due to our very cheap over nite leccy the pool costs very little to run. Its 70,000 litres and costs about $3 a day to run.