Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that annoy you about NZ but aren't really that important!

Originally Posted by Stormer999
But how do you know you are not one of them............
Because I am an ex biker (very, very, very lightweight I must admit) but that is where I learned to drive REALLY properly!!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:41 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonsi
You should try Saudi Arabia....compared to that NZ drivers are great!
Wrong forum - you need the Middle East forum. Why does NZ always compare itself to the lowest common denominator - why not aim a little higher?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:20 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote from Bo-Jangles:

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I wonder what exactly is his claim to fame is, other than being a dork on Countdown adverts. He once had a series on TV cooking Kiwi classics such as Munce on Toast, in the homes of some old dears.

Bo-Jangles you make me die ! BTW I've noticed 3 new smilies: star smilie, tape smiley and hand smiley. No Richard Till smiley though. Richard Till's voice takes me back to a place and time I did not enjoy, namely, Auckland.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 15th 2011 at 1:33 am. Reason: tidy the quotes hehehe
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobDon
Cant see Peter Kay or Jimmy Carr `live` anymore
peter kaye new dvd out now! supposed to be good all my relatives went to manchester to see him
Old Nov 15th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubstar
peter kaye new dvd out now! supposed to be good all my relatives went to manchester to see him
Already downloaded it and watched it twice!!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:01 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

10am checkout times for hotels/motels. How uncivilised can you get?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:36 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Because I am an ex biker (very, very, very lightweight I must admit) but that is where I learned to drive REALLY properly!!!!!
OK you ticked the right box....
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Trout is one of my favourite foods. Go to the fishmonger. Choose a nice one . Bring the prize home and cook a delectable meal. Simple.

In New Zealand ? Simple ? Oh no. Not on your nelly. You have to buy a license & catch the bugger first.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:30 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE=BEVS;9734695]Trout is one of my favourite foods. Go to the fishmonger. Choose a nice one . Bring the prize home and cook a delectable meal. Simple.

In New Zealand ? Simple ? Oh no. Not on your nelly. You have to buy a license & catch the bugger first.[/QUOTE]

Same with Game, in the uk i used to buy Pheasant, Pigeon, Rabbit, venison etc from a game dealers and some from Waitrose... cant here
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Catchafire
10am checkout times for hotels/motels. How uncivilised can you get?
+1. Truly bizarre. When I discussed it with a couple of moteliers they said it's so they can clean....
FOLLOW THE FLOW CHART TO STANDARD RESPONSE TO STUPID KIWI IDEAS:
"The rest of the world manages"
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by love30stm
QUOTE=BEVS;9734695]
In New Zealand ? Simple ? Oh no. Not on your nelly. You have to buy a license & catch the bugger first.

Yes but at least you are more-or-less free to fish and hunt where you please in NZ. Couldn't be more different than the UK in that respect, where some Lord or so-and-so owns the rights to every God given square inch of land and water.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:59 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

How much is a fishing permit, where do you get them from and how do we know how many fishes we can take?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Most shops and many service stations will sell them. The bag limit varies depending on the location and type of fish, but is usually enough that you won't reach it

The gig is adminstered by Fish and Game http://www.fishandgame.org.nz/Site/F...Z/default.aspx
Old Nov 15th 2011, 9:23 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

When you go to concerts the tickets always get printed on standard Ticketek cards - no special souvenir tickets for gigs even when you pay hundreds for them.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 9:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic
How much is a fishing permit, where do you get them from and how do we know how many fishes we can take?
Here it is

I don't want to spend days fishing the things in the hope of catching one or two. Fly fishing being an artform and all. I just want to eat them.

In the UK I could go to a trout farm and have a quick fish if I really wanted to.Just like the salmon farm fishing here. Nice day out and you get to eat the fish. I don't want a mission though to eat a trout. We just don't have the time TBH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.