Reload this Page >

Thieving Vets Fees

Thieving Vets Fees

Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:41 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thieving Vets Fees

I just got a vets bill this afternoon and was not impressed;

Thus far I have been charged:-

5 min chat without dogs about exporting tests & photocopy of Airpets letter - £14:00

2 de-wormer tablets - £17:05 (these are approx 30p each in Asda)

2 blood samples for lab tests - £16:50

Lab fees for Heartworm tests - £91:55

Lab fees for Lepto/brucella/erlichiosis - £137:15

Lab consultation/advice - £18:50 (? I thought they knew what they were doing?)

150 tablets as they failed their lepto (as 50%+ do) - £164:15

I have no problems with the tests and tablets but I have a problem with them ripping me off because they think they can with consultations and suchlike! I consulted them, they consulted a letter - £14? For 5 mins? They owe me methinks. Anyone else felt ripped off? Plus this vet wouldn't sign the forms for the faecal samples - incase I got them mixed up or picked up some random strays sh*t for a thrill?! So I had to do these myself - you try getting 2 dogs to pooh on command and then try and fit doberman pooh into your average test tube? Ewwwww ...

Made sufficient fuss and embarrassing noises in front of other customers that the actual vet rang later. Only problem being I wasn't yet home and Hubby answered blissfully unaware of the scene I'd just caused?!

(Also this week I think I've blacklisted family from the doctors after thanking them for being "so incredibly unhelpful" and the orthodontist is very cross with us! )

Just as well it's only 2 weeks to go!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:04 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thieving Vets Fees

We've gone the other way with ours.
Cats are booked into a shippers cattery for 25 days to have all tests and paperwork done for us, then shipoped out once all completed.
All we had to do was up to date vaccs and got them chipped.
Should be over end of April.......rather excited.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
We've gone the other way with ours.
Cats are booked into a shippers cattery for 25 days to have all tests and paperwork done for us, then shipoped out once all completed.
All we had to do was up to date vaccs and got them chipped.
Should be over end of April.......rather excited.
Wish I had done this now, thought it wasn't affordable, but in actual fact they have to go into kennels here next week as we have the packers/removers and new carpet in so we're going into holiday accommodation, on top of which we have to hire 2 cars to get us (6), luggage and them to Heathrow to drop them and go shop for 2 days before flights!

Cost all that in and probably would have been cheaper to have them in kennels with shippers for the month! You live and learn?!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Wish I had done this now, thought it wasn't affordable, but in actual fact they have to go into kennels here next week as we have the packers/removers and new carpet in so we're going into holiday accommodation, on top of which we have to hire 2 cars to get us (6), luggage and them to Heathrow to drop them and go shop for 2 days before flights!

Cost all that in and probably would have been cheaper to have them in kennels with shippers for the month! You live and learn?!
Ewwww still roflmao at you trying to scoop doberman pooh into your average test tube lol. I can still remember that and yuck thankfully it's over!! The charges you've had sound about right really, it is expensive to get your pets here BUT well worth it
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sophie_Wellington
Ewwww still roflmao at you trying to scoop doberman pooh into your average test tube lol. I can still remember that and yuck thankfully it's over!! The charges you've had sound about right really, it is expensive to get your pets here BUT well worth it
Initially I wondered why they had provided me with a couple of sets of surgical gloves thinking they must have perceived me as a little precious. Had one of the kids little gardening trowels, (fetching pink one n'est ce pas) and was all set in a responsible International pet owner stylie. Until I actually realised the basic mathematics of the situation ... Oh.My.God. Of course during the entire performance I have 2 kids wetting themselves (and that's just wrong at 14 and 12 years old) watching me out of the window and then the dogs in question looking at me as if I am stark, raving mad. Obviously thinking to themselves that they must have either shat something pretty darn spectacular or I have officially lost the plot?!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:51 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Initially I wondered why they had provided me with a couple of sets of surgical gloves thinking they must have perceived me as a little precious. Had one of the kids little gardening trowels, (fetching pink one n'est ce pas) and was all set in a responsible International pet owner stylie. Until I actually realised the basic mathematics of the situation ... Oh.My.God. Of course during the entire performance I have 2 kids wetting themselves (and that's just wrong at 14 and 12 years old) watching me out of the window and then the dogs in question looking at me as if I am stark, raving mad. Obviously thinking to themselves that they must have either shat something pretty darn spectacular or I have officially lost the plot?!
Morning honey. Dont fret it is well worth it in the end. Adie had no trouble this end and all three have settled in well. BTW if you think you've had all the bills for shipping the animals, think again, Customs will take another $30ish from you, and Maff will want about $35 per creature.

Jac and Adie xx
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Morning honey. Dont fret it is well worth it in the end. Adie had no trouble this end and all three have settled in well. BTW if you think you've had all the bills for shipping the animals, think again, Customs will take another $30ish from you, and Maff will want about $35 per creature.

Jac and Adie xx
Hellooo so good to hear from you? You all ok and happily settling down now?! Oh, I know I'm only half way through another lot of bloods and pooh (joy!) to go, just cross with feeling a little fleeced considering how much the real stuff is costing!!!

How are things? Finally seeing the light of day after your reunion then? Whereabouts are you living? So glad the animals are all ok!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:07 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Hellooo so good to hear from you? You all ok and happily settling down now?! Oh, I know I'm only half way through another lot of bloods and pooh (joy!) to go, just cross with feeling a little fleeced considering how much the real stuff is costing!!!

How are things? Finally seeing the light of day after your reunion then? Whereabouts are you living? So glad the animals are all ok!
We're both fine, currently in rented accommodation in Papakura. The sofa bed which Adie bought is now starting to creak a bit

Stuff arrives next week but have been told it will take about ten days to clear MAFF. Never mind. Adie has had two interviews with TV3 and hopefully will soon know if he has been successful. I'm still looking but have put in my CV with St John HR. Had thought about joining the local fuzz as they are always advertising but then i might have to arrest my own husband and probably a few on this site. Ha ha ha ha

Jac (with Adie watching over my shoulder in local library)
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
We're both fine, currently in rented accommodation in Papakura. The sofa bed which Adie bought is now starting to creak a bit

Stuff arrives next week but have been told it will take about ten days to clear MAFF. Never mind. Adie has had two interviews with TV3 and hopefully will soon know if he has been successful. I'm still looking but have put in my CV with St John HR. Had thought about joining the local fuzz as they are always advertising but then i might have to arrest my own husband and probably a few on this site. Ha ha ha ha

Jac (with Adie watching over my shoulder in local library)
Papa what? Excuse my ignorance, but where?! The police force doesn't sound like a good idea, although handcuffs & truncheons between a married couple - who'se to judge?!

What's the hurry, relax, eat, drink, be merry!!! Someone needs to settle the pets full time.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:42 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Loolah!! poor you!
Look on the bright side - no cats!! Ours are outside cats and didnt take kindly to being forced to stay inside to poo - one of them held it in for 3 days! Sheer hell when youre working to a strict time scale!

( Your vet bills do seem huge - and why so many tablets for the lepto failure - Bob failed too and I dont remember having to pay so much ( I know youve 2 but still) it seems huge!)
{{hug}}
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

I just got a vets bill this afternoon and was not impressed;

Thus far I have been charged:-

5 min chat without dogs about exporting tests & photocopy of Airpets letter - £14:00

2 de-wormer tablets - £17:05 (these are approx 30p each in Asda)

2 blood samples for lab tests - £16:50

Lab fees for Heartworm tests - £91:55

Lab fees for Lepto/brucella/erlichiosis - £137:15

Lab consultation/advice - £18:50 (? I thought they knew what they were doing?)

150 tablets as they failed their lepto (as 50%+ do) - £164:15

I have no problems with the tests and tablets but I have a problem with them ripping me off because they think they can with consultations and suchlike! I consulted them, they consulted a letter - £14? For 5 mins? They owe me methinks. Anyone else felt ripped off? Plus this vet wouldn't sign the forms for the faecal samples - incase I got them mixed up or picked up some random strays sh*t for a thrill?! So I had to do these myself - you try getting 2 dogs to pooh on command and then try and fit doberman pooh into your average test tube? Ewwwww ...

Made sufficient fuss and embarrassing noises in front of other customers that the actual vet rang later. Only problem being I wasn't yet home and Hubby answered blissfully unaware of the scene I'd just caused?!

(Also this week I think I've blacklisted family from the doctors after thanking them for being "so incredibly unhelpful" and the orthodontist is very cross with us! )

:eek sounds like you are having a rough time of it at the moment

oh how i remember the last minute stress, makes you drink too much, and thats without the leaving parties

hope you get things all sorted

just think of sitting on your dick with a nice cold glass of bolly
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:31 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

You go! Peace karma sent to you, Fairy Lady. I wish I could send my vet friend over to you...
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

The bills sound about right IMO (although the brand of de-wormers is key) - not quite sure how you come to the conclusion they have been "Thieving" - why don't you report them to the BSAVA (have you been to the dentists or private doctors recently?).

Just wait till you get to NZ!

Last edited by MattH; Mar 22nd 2007 at 3:56 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Sophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant futureSophie_Wellington has a brilliant future

ROFLMAO you just had me in stitches. At least the people standing laughing at you (donned in surgical gloves and armed with a pee-sample tube) weren't your OH though

Oh how we love our animals. I found the scooping sticks fun

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:30 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Plus this vet wouldn't sign the forms for the faecal samples - incase I got them mixed up or picked up some random strays sh*t for a thrill?
I'm sorry i know i shouldn't laugh but that was sooo funny...at least you've not lost your sense of humour!!!!

poopa scoopa karma coming your way

take care & thinking of you

Sorry they wouln't let me give you karma....they say i've got to spread myself around first before i give it to you again!!!! oh er

Last edited by Mandie; Mar 22nd 2007 at 10:32 am. Reason: they wouln't let me give Karma :-(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.