Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

There's an old saying........

There's an old saying........

Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:57 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There's an old saying........

Originally Posted by Debs70
You say you may have to cancel your flight on Monday? why is that?

Well if we have't exchanged / completed by Monday mornng then I'll have to stay to run the shop and as my flight's at 12 noon........ So everything must happen by Friday.

Can't leave Sarah and the 3 kids running the shop on their own

Anyway the latest............now please don't laugh............there is apparently a well known solicitor tactic for stalling for time by drip feeding questions to the other solicitor. Well this has been happening to us for a few days now. Q's that have already been answered that just get us running around trying to get more paperwork sent off. Not so easy when the main computer and printer and fax are all packed up in a container! We found out about 4pm today that their solicitor has 'lost' a whole load of mortgage papers that our buyer has signed already!!

So the buyer has to somehow get to her bank, get more copies, sign them and get them to her solicitor so that we can exchange tomorrow. Oh, and she's on a 4 day Post Office training course about a million miles away.Yeah right

Muppets the lot of them. Shooting's too good for them. Swedish Chef - Soliitor. Miss Piggy - Purchaser?

It's gonna go down to the wire on Friday methinks.

OK you can laugh now. I'm past caring. It's sooooo out of my hands it's unbelievable.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you're noting all this down - I'd be looking to sue the solicitor for unreasonable delay and unprofessionalism, especially for cost of replacement tickets if Monday's flight goes by the by.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:09 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joshlin
I hope you're noting all this down - I'd be looking to sue the solicitor for unreasonable delay and unprofessionalism, especially for cost of replacement tickets if Monday's flight goes by the by.
The buyer arrarently had the screaming abdabs with him today and would have fired him on the spot if it hadn't been so close to 'our day'.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

Kurtons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Weve got all our fingers crossed for you Mike im sure youll be sat on that plane on Monday power of that big net , from your postings your too nice a person for it not to work out if it dosnt happen this time it will soon and the experiance will be all the better for wanting it to happen so much I know it dosnt seem lke it now but as we said weve been there and know how it feels wishing you all the very best
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:34 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Biddy, all I can do is keep everything crossed for you and send my best wishes to Sarah and the kids. I can't imagine how stressful this all is for you and what I'd like to do to the other parties isn't printable (voodoo curse anyone?). Hope it all comes out in the wash and keep us posted so that we can wring our hands and gnash our teeth with you.

All the best

Phyl
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:06 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biddy
The buyer arrarently had the screaming abdabs with him today and would have fired him on the spot if it hadn't been so close to 'our day'.
Fill in a postcard advert for your shop window naming and shaming the solicitor!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:34 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Well if we have't exchanged / completed by Monday mornng then I'll have to stay to run the shop and as my flight's at 12 noon........ So everything must happen by Friday.

Can't leave Sarah and the 3 kids running the shop on their own

Anyway the latest............now please don't laugh............there is apparently a well known solicitor tactic for stalling for time by drip feeding questions to the other solicitor. Well this has been happening to us for a few days now. Q's that have already been answered that just get us running around trying to get more paperwork sent off. Not so easy when the main computer and printer and fax are all packed up in a container! We found out about 4pm today that their solicitor has 'lost' a whole load of mortgage papers that our buyer has signed already!!

So the buyer has to somehow get to her bank, get more copies, sign them and get them to her solicitor so that we can exchange tomorrow. Oh, and she's on a 4 day Post Office training course about a million miles away.Yeah right

Muppets the lot of them. Shooting's too good for them. Swedish Chef - Soliitor. Miss Piggy - Purchaser?

It's gonna go down to the wire on Friday methinks.

OK you can laugh now. I'm past caring. It's sooooo out of my hands it's unbelievable.
Good luck Biddy - thinking of you all awaiting - go biddy, go biddy

Hope today brings you more luck , but I suspect you are right about 'the wire on Friday'. Keep smiling....
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:35 am
Give us a kiss

Quick update folks
Thursday 5.30 on the dot we exchanged contracts
Friday we completed at about 3pm and we were out of there by 4pm.
Yesterday night we had a good leaving do in the pub. Today we're off to my parents in High Wycombe.

Tomorrow - Monday I fly to AKL. Hoorah!

Laptop blew up a few days ago so I'll have to get myself sorted. Hmmmmfff.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:39 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Quick update folks
Yesterday night we had a good leaving do in the pub. Today we're off to my parents in High Wycombe.

BRILLIANT NEWS! So pleased for you after all the stress. Congratulations to you all, you deserve this.
Jan
xx
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:40 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Quick update folks

Excellent news Biddy....well done
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Excellent news Biddy....well done
Fantastic news, biddy, good luck with all the travelling.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:09 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update folks

Excellent! Well done, hope your nerves are still in tact! have a good trip to Auckland
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update folks

Hi Biddy
what absolutely excellent news - such a huge relief (maybe as big as the hangover????) enjoy your trip with peace of mind - and tell us, where did you hide the kipper in the end???
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:05 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Cracking news Biddy...so pleased for you all...have a great time in NZ
Old Jul 31st 2005, 2:25 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

Hope everything goes well Biddy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.