Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

is there anyone out there wondering if its the right move to make new zealand (help)

is there anyone out there wondering if its the right move to make new zealand (help)

Old Jul 25th 2003, 11:10 am
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xpat19
Originally posted by gOD In what way goD ? I have been lving in the ( ? ) godawfull place called Auckland for the last 2 years and ....have no problem with it ?
Well, I can understand people wanting to move, and wanting to move to Australia, but after living for years in both, I don't see what NZ offers that Aus doesn't. On top of that Australia has more opportunities, and higher wages...
Old Jul 25th 2003, 1:40 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SimonC
It least it doesn't sound like sad case, spend all day, everyday posting messages telling people not to come to my adopted country.

You obviously haven't heard of Property Managers, Tenancy Tribunerals and Tennant Insurance then have you?

Give up it is not worth it!
I have to laugh at this. My parents are still in NZ and rent a house out there. After trashing the place and failing to pay rent on multiple occasions, the occupant is now allowed to pay back the thousands owed at... wait for it.. $5/week.

Yep, those tribunals are fantastic.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

SimonC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gOD
I have to laugh at this. My parents are still in NZ and rent a house out there. After trashing the place and failing to pay rent on multiple occasions, the occupant is now allowed to pay back the thousands owed at... wait for it.. $5/week.

Yep, those tribunals are fantastic.

of course they are all like that, and I did no research at all before going in to this. As I have said before, I'm not stupid, if something happens it happens, that is what the property manager is for. Also have 3 weeks bond to play with if they do get out of hand.

If it is so bad why are all the wealthiest people in NZ Property Investors / Developers?
Old Jul 26th 2003, 9:36 am
gOD
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SimonC
of course they are all like that, and I did no research at all before going in to this. As I have said before, I'm not stupid, if something happens it happens, that is what the property manager is for. Also have 3 weeks bond to play with if they do get out of hand.

If it is so bad why are all the wealthiest people in NZ Property Investors / Developers?

Sorry Simon, didn't mean to imply they were all like that.. Just that sometimes tribunals are completely worthless, in fact a pain, if you are the landlord..
Old Jul 27th 2003, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by gOD
Well, I can understand people wanting to move, and wanting to move to Australia, but after living for years in both, I don't see what NZ offers that Aus doesn't. On top of that Australia has more opportunities, and higher wages...
Everyones different, and thats a good thing, if everyone wanted the same thing this would be a very boring uniform world. I lived in Auckland for 7 years it's a lot more like the UK than Australia, and so not so much of a culture shock. it's a very green and pleasant land it's a nice size to get around and it's not too crowded (even Auckland).

If your looking for a great career and making loads of money Australia is better (UK is even better, so why move anyway). NZ has a slower lifestyle, a great climate (neither too hot or cold Auckland anyway), fantastic scenery, an abundance of activities etc

I left NZ not because I didn't like it I just wanted to try somewhere else, and I've every intension of going back
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf,

you have no idea what you are talking about

Check out this link to see where Auckland and NEw Zealand rank in the world, note the box labled 'World's best cities'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2815625.stm