Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are there any Laundrettes in NZ?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Are there any Laundrettes in NZ?

Tried yellow pages and it came back with zilch, nada, nyet. :curse:

Are they known as something else
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any Laundrettes in NZ?

Originally Posted by julesnye

well you can get the mould cleaned from your curtains, your business suit drycleaned, someone to do your ironing, there is a lundromat in Orewa (as I recall), but they're not too common!!
look in:
http://yellow.co.nz/search.ds
laundromat is their spelling!!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:39 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

If you are looking for when you first get here, all the motels and holiday parks have a laundrette, and everywhere, from backpackers to a 5*hotel have an iron & ironing board in the rooms.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
If you are looking for when you first get here, all the motels and holiday parks have a laundrette, and everywhere, from backpackers to a 5*hotel have an iron & ironing board in the rooms.
Wife and girls are moving to a rental which doesnt have a washing machine, so need to find a laundrette or they'll have to wash by hand as money is tight on one salary until I get over there and to rent one will be over $80\month. Every penny counts at the mo.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:43 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

There's a Kandu laundry in Kaiapoi. I hadn't seen one either till I met up with another expat who said she'd used it when she was first here in a motel for a month.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:49 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I've just searched yellow.co.nz for laundrettes and it came up with 135 (33 south island) and 150 laundries commercial (35 south island)
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
There's a Kandu laundry in Kaiapoi. I hadn't seen one either till I met up with another expat who said she'd used it when she was first here in a motel for a month.
Where's that?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:51 am
TeamEmbo

where are you wife and kids staying?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm still in the UK at the mo with the house and the Dog.
There staying in the Quadrant, Auckland until Sunday but get the keys to move to the house in Meadowbank, Auckland from Saturday.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:11 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still in the UK at the mo with the house and the Dog.
There staying in the Quadrant, Auckland until Sunday but get the keys to move to the house in Meadowbank, Auckland from Saturday.
www.zenbu.co.nz is your friend - it would be if it had laundromats--- OK for most other things though!!
will tell you whatever is near the address in NZ - great site that uses the Google maps data plus Points of Interest (POIs) gathered for pulic domain GPS mapping!! Go find them!!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

cheers Lardyl.
This sounds great.....maybe should also be coiped to the really useful thread?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:16 am
you dewty owld maan!

OK then yellow gives you:
http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Laundr...5208_1067.html
http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Laundr...5211_1066.html
http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Laundr...2362_1066.html
http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Laundr...9560_1066.html
http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Laundr...4189_1066.html
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:17 am
you dewty owld maan!

cheers Lardyl.
This sounds great.....maybe should also be coiped to the really useful thread?
its there already - or is it at some other forum??
here in fact:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=59
OK I was thinking about it but someone said Wiki - I ooked at Wiki and it makes no sense to me........luddite I am!!

Last edited by lardyl; Sep 21st 2007 at 11:19 am.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks for this.
I'll pass on the info to my BH
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:59 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Wife and girls are moving to a rental which doesnt have a washing machine, so need to find a laundrette or they'll have to wash by hand as money is tight on one salary until I get over there and to rent one will be over $80\month. Every penny counts at the mo.

have you looked at www.mrrental.co.nz

You can rent a washer from about $11.00 a week. Must be cheaper than the laundrette. You shouldn't need to worry about the dryer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.