Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tell me what it is....

Tell me what it is....

Old Nov 18th 2006, 6:49 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tell me what it is....

Word gets around!
Following the slug freeloader we have had a very strange lodger. I thought at first it was a bit of dirt stuck to the outside of the window – maybe flicked up by a passing car….no, the road is about 15 metres away and we have a 2 metre fence…well, what the heck, it’s dirt OK? But dirt doesn’t move, does it? I mentioned it to Melissa and she said that there had been something similar on the inside of the patio door track…. And then on the left curtain…. and then the window itself……and then the right curtain… Once we looked at it properly through the window, we could see it was actually alive, it seemed to be suckered on to the window by a little mouth type thing and had a couple of little ‘threads’ coming out of it. It doesn’t leave a ‘snail trail’ on the window. How strange. We left it and shut the curtains. This morning the little b@st@rd had jimmied the lock, come in (putting the lock to rights on his way) and was back on the inside door track!! It’s about 1 inch long and looks like a bit of dried mud or moss. I assume it is some kind of slug/larvae/caterpillar - can anyone tell me what it is because I honestly have no idea
Old Nov 18th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me what it is....

Take a picture of it for us.... I'm sure somebody will know what it is.... sounds intriguing....
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:03 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

A maori???????
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:15 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Take a picture of it for us.... I'm sure somebody will know what it is.... sounds intriguing....
Steve threw it out this morning. I swear I didn't make it up and it's not a joke, I haven't got the first idea what it was. I tried a search on google but got nowhere. It sounds like we have had two so if it or another comes back I will take a picture. Until then I remain perplexed
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:15 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by mumomonty
A maori???????

Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Steve threw it out this morning. I swear I didn't make it up and it's not a joke, I haven't got the first idea what it was. I tried a search on google but got nowhere. It sounds like we have had two so if it or another comes back I will take a picture. Until then I remain perplexed
I believe you.... I have seen the oddest looking insects here just lately....
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mobile Pony and Trap?

Richard the Third?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:24 am
conquering the world!

Default Re: Mobile Pony and Trap?

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Richard the Third?
No I tell you, I've only seen two!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:26 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

No I tell you, I've only seen two!!!!

Maybe you should phone MAF?!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:28 am
conquering the world!

It looked very at home....... I'm off to see if I can find another one.

I'm going out now, I may be some time...
(famous last words, gettit? )
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:46 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah! Good idea. Then they'll declare a state of emergency and send low-flying top-dressers over your house and cover everything in a toxic substance. Which is always nice.

It's not a wood louse, is it? A big one.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:52 am
Member of Mumo-land

I've phoned MAF for you and they'll be round in 10 mins. Oh she's gawn out.... :scared:
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:17 am
conquering the world!

I've phoned MAF for you and they'll be round in 10 mins. Oh she's gawn out.... :scared:

Well, damn it!! I went to look and there isn't one to be found now!! I can make one out of carpet fluff and chewing gum if MAF turn up and say maybe the intense heat in my house killed it.....

Still trying to Google it but not finding owt. And we were sober this morning when we saw it!!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:47 am
conquering the world!

Well, damn it!! I went to look and there isn't one to be found now!! I can make one out of carpet fluff and chewing gum if MAF turn up and say maybe the intense heat in my house killed it.....

Still trying to Google it but not finding owt. And we were sober this morning when we saw it!!

Having Googled a bit further I think it may well be a lacewing larvae, AKA the Junkbug because it sticks bits of rubbish to itself. Not sure, but possible
Old Nov 18th 2006, 11:29 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mazi
yeah! Good idea. Then they'll declare a state of emergency and send low-flying top-dressers over your house and cover everything in a toxic substance. Which is always nice.

Yeah, great, :scared: 1080 your garden from those nasty black helicopters :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.