Reload this Page >

teleworking in New Zealand and bills

teleworking in New Zealand and bills

Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Dora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default teleworking in New Zealand and bills

Hi all,

whilst accomodating my kids, i think of taking a few hours of teleworking in the evenings.

I was proposed something but I need to provide them bills/receipts.

Does anyone know how to do this in NZ ?

I have a work permit but no IRD yet. Do I need one before being payed for the first time ?

Thank your very much for your answers,
Dora
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Servant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant future
Default Re: teleworking in New Zealand and bills

Hi Dora,

I might be wrong, but it sounds like they are wanting proof of your NZ residence - for example a bank or utility statement with your name and address on.

I really would have thought you would need a IRD no. before being paid. In fact all the family needs one, including children as they pay tax on bank savings. You can get forms online - http://www.ird.govt.nz/ - but I am not sure how long it takes - I think we got ours within three weeks.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: teleworking in New Zealand and bills

Originally Posted by Dora
Hi all,

whilst accomodating my kids, i think of taking a few hours of teleworking in the evenings.

I was proposed something but I need to provide them bills/receipts.

Does anyone know how to do this in NZ ?

I have a work permit but no IRD yet. Do I need one before being payed for the first time ?

Thank your very much for your answers,
Dora
You cn download the forms online. I handed mine in to my employer when I started. it didnt take long to get the number and a little card to keep in your wallet. I think you can work without having received the card yet, but you get taxed at something like 49% instead of 33% if you dont have a number. The info should be on the Inland Revenue website.