Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Television Programmes in New Zealand

Television Programmes in New Zealand

Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road
Default Television Programmes in New Zealand

I know i'm probably abit sad but i do like to watch afew television programmes. Can anyone tell me if Prison Break(season 3) Supernatural(season 3), Lost (season 4) are on at the moment in New Zealand?
Also, can you get Sky one out there?

Many Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Television Programmes in New Zealand

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
I know i'm probably abit sad but i do like to watch afew television programmes. Can anyone tell me if Prison Break(season 3) Supernatural(season 3), Lost (season 4) are on at the moment in New Zealand?
Also, can you get Sky one out there?

Many Thanks
Colour televisual transmissions will begin bradcasting to the New Zealand nation in the month of August of the year of our lord Two Thousand and Eight. This will be the first opportunity for the kiwi television fanatics to see their favourite televisual broadcasts in the medium of colour for the first time, such programming as Dixon of Dock Green, Coronation Street, Z Cars and Van Der Valk will be seen in glorious techicolour very soon, coming to a televisual box near you...

Seriously, no idea about Prison Break, Supernatural or Lost as I generally don't watch too much rubbish American TV, I can tell you that there is Sky here (its different from home) and that the Antique Roadshow is still shown on Sunday evenings..
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:13 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Colour televisual transmissions will begin bradcasting to the New Zealand nation in the month of August of the year of our lord Two Thousand and Eight. This will be the first opportunity for the kiwi television fanatics to see their favourite televisual broadcasts in the medium of colour for the first time, such programming as Dixon of Dock Green, Coronation Street, Z Cars and Van Der Valk will be seen in glorious techicolour very soon, coming to a televisual box near you...
Eeee, by 'ek, tha's droll tha' is!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:45 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, no idea about Prison Break, Supernatural or Lost as I generally don't watch too much rubbish American TV, I can tell you that there is Sky here (its different from home) and that the Antique Roadshow is still shown on Sunday evenings..
How do you know it's rubbish if you don't watch it?

Most of the American stuff is shown on NZ TV with very annoying numbers of adverts. Usually about 6-12 months after it shows in the US. There are some exceptions - Heroes season 2 was only about 8 weeks behind.

Everyone I know downloads to avoid the ads.

Though at least they've just switched to broadcasting in widescreen!!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:56 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Prison Break Season 3 is playing at the moment and is up to episode 7.
According to TV3s website:
Michael and Whistler are locked into a fight to the death – but Michael privately tells him it's just a distraction. The escape plan still holds; one guard is drugged and they're leaving when the sun gives them cover from the other guard at 3:13pm. Meanwhile, Lincoln is worried that Whistler won't go quietly at the exchange and is worried about LJ. Sucre has an idea...

Then it goes on a bit so couldn't be bothered copying and pasting.

www.tv3.co.nz for info about Prison Break

The fourth season of Lost is playing. www.tvnz.co.nz
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488124/962730

Supernatural was on TVNZ and the link is here: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/966981 but i have no clue what season has played here.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:21 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:22 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Bloomin nowt on telly in UK!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:28 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

All the American stuff has ground to a halt because of the writers' strike. It will all kick off again in the "fall" apparently!!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley

How do you know it's rubbish if you don't watch it?

Most of the American stuff is shown on NZ TV with very annoying numbers of adverts. Usually about 6-12 months after it shows in the US. There are some exceptions - Heroes season 2 was only about 8 weeks behind.

Everyone I know downloads to avoid the ads.

Though at least they've just switched to broadcasting in widescreen!!
The clue is in the words "American" and "Television" usually, there are some occasionally good shows come oot of the old Colonials, but not many

Have you seen some of the stuff thats on just now? CSI Miami, Bionic Woman with the bird frae Eastenders, CSI Alberquerque, John Doe, CSI Cardiff, Shark(!?!), CSI Invercargill.... oh dear...
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:55 pm
Happy in Wellington

Fair point.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all your replies. We'll probably download them all too, to avoid adverts.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spid
Bloomin nowt on telly in UK!
You WILL miss the BBC and the lack of adverts. Having Sky maximises your choice here. I'll admit to having Sky!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
Thanks for all your replies. We'll probably download them all too, to avoid adverts.
TV in NZ is the one area there is general consensus about..its cr*p!!

you can look at sky.co.nz for satellite channel listings. dont confuse sky in Nz with Sky in the UK, maybe they are owned by the same parent company but the products are not the same! For the free to air channels look at tv3.co.nz, tvnz.co.nz and prime.co.nz (i think??)

as an aside, the "coverage" of the athens olympics in 2004 drove me to tears. TVNZ had the sole rights (free to air and all kiwis have a right to see it and all that). So they would start coverage during the night (morning in Greece), and all the good sporting events would be shown at about 4:00 am NZ time. Then you had to sit through whole games of anything involving NZ teams, so saw lots of full hockey games against india, full NZ vs Greece basketball games, 2 hours of live coverage of the marathon, live matches showing kiwis in the 17th position playoff for badminton etc...

bear in mind you had one...one channel of choice, if TVNZ was showing a NZ basketball game from 21:00 to 23:00 then that was all you could see.

rant over
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:45 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone moans about Sky being "crap" but it depends on your perspective. Personally I think it's great, but there again I'm not comparing it to the BBC (how many channels, again?...).

OMFG
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:57 pm
Happy in Wellington

I don't mind the programmes shown on NZ TV but the ads do my head in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.