Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

tanker driver job in new zealand

tanker driver job in new zealand

Old May 26th 2008, 8:40 am
Just Joined

stevieb1007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tanker driver job in new zealand

Hi , i am thinking of moving out to new zealand with the family and have been offered a job in principal to be a HGV fuel tanker driver with a salary of about $5o,ooo new zealand dollars , just trying to get some info on wether this is a decent wage out there??.

Any help would be great ...

Thanks

Steve
Old May 27th 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of
Default Re: tanker driver job in new zealand

Originally Posted by stevieb1007
Hi , i am thinking of moving out to new zealand with the family and have been offered a job in principal to be a HGV fuel tanker driver with a salary of about $5o,ooo new zealand dollars , just trying to get some info on wether this is a decent wage out there??.

Any help would be great ...

Thanks

Steve
depends on how many hours you doing.beleive tanker drivers earn $20-24 p/h.whos the job with
cheers
paul
Old May 27th 2008, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angpaul
depends on how many hours you doing.beleive tanker drivers earn $20-24 p/h.whos the job with
cheers
paul
hi paul,,the job is with shell through linfox.....been told its average 55 hrs per week..keep hearing different reports on the cost of housing and cost of living ..?

cheers

steve
Old May 28th 2008, 8:51 am
Just Joined

SCOTT1E is an unknown quantity at this point

Big question is where you are based.

A lot more expensive to live in Aucks.

50k aint a lot to live on.
Old May 28th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

hi ,, yeah going to be based in auckland,,,i keep hearing so many conflicting reports about the money and how far it goes ....the basic salary is 50k for a 40 hour week but i'm expected to work 55 hrs approx so i presume the rest will be on an overtime rate ??....will gladly listen to anymore info ..cheers ..steve
Old May 29th 2008, 1:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Can you get $55K for a 40 hour week?

I'm just wanting to read that all you truckies are on WTR - Work to Residence visas.
Old May 29th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Can you get $55K for a 40 hour week?

I'm just wanting to read that all you truckies are on WTR - Work to Residence visas.
Probably not.I would be be dubiuos of any company offering that kind of money for 40 hours.O/T rate not many offering that but a few do.i know Mcdowalls offer O/T rate after 50 hours
Old May 29th 2008, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angpaul
Probably not.I would be be dubiuos of any company offering that kind of money for 40 hours.O/T rate not many offering that but a few do.i know Mcdowalls offer O/T rate after 50 hours
Passed the interview on skype conference call interview on tuesday,,,,and then heard today that the 50k is probably not !! for a 40 hour week , but for a week which could be 55 hrs plus !!....they are looking into it !!.....they(linfox) are trying to sort out with shell if they are going to pay the 50k for the 40 hrs.....who knows ...!! p**sed off now and fed up now !!

anyway....we'll see..

steve
Old May 30th 2008, 6:58 am
Just Joined

paddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nicepaddyandshell is just really nice

Originally Posted by stevieb1007
Passed the interview on skype conference call interview on tuesday,,,,and then heard today that the 50k is probably not !! for a 40 hour week , but for a week which could be 55 hrs plus !!....they are looking into it !!.....they(linfox) are trying to sort out with shell if they are going to pay the 50k for the 40 hrs.....who knows ...!! p**sed off now and fed up now !!

anyway....we'll see..

steve
I feel That wires are getting a bit crossed in the rush,
A guy's phoned paddy yesterday thats conected with them (Lynfox) in the uk, about his visa and we're still waiting for answers to questions we put to them a few weeks ago regarding the 50k for 40hr, which bevs here kindly informed has now risen to 55k, we were told they are looking at the best possible offer they can give
After numerous e-mails we are still waiting
shell
Old May 30th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paddyandshell
I feel That wires are getting a bit crossed in the rush,
A guy's phoned paddy yesterday thats conected with them (Lynfox) in the uk, about his visa and we're still waiting for answers to questions we put to them a few weeks ago regarding the 50k for 40hr, which bevs here kindly informed has now risen to 55k, we were told they are looking at the best possible offer they can give
After numerous e-mails we are still waiting
shell
hi shell ,,,the 55k comes into force on july 28 th so linfox have told me they are trying to resolve this 40 hr issue before then or else it may hold things up with Shell even longer !!...i've been told they are meeting today and will be letting me know early next week ....heres hoping .

steve
Old May 30th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

SCOTT1E is an unknown quantity at this point

I can tell you that I do not know of anyone paying $26.50 p/h for a driver.

If you find one, let me know and I will go back on the road.

However, I do believe there are ways around this, there are 5 or 6 transport companies now on the Accredited List. From Memory it costs a company around $2000 to get on the list aswell as a far bit of paperwork, so they would not go through the hassle if it was not worth it.