Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Taking your Caravan to NZ

Taking your Caravan to NZ

Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough
Default Taking your Caravan to NZ

I am wondering if anyone back in NZ took a caravan with tehm from the UK?
If so were there nay extra hoops etc to jump through?
Did it just goin the container with everything else?

Just planning
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking your Caravan to NZ

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581421
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:25 am
Just Joined

rsjam is a jewel in the roughrsjam is a jewel in the roughrsjam is a jewel in the roughrsjam is a jewel in the rough

I have the same question also as would like to take my caravan to NZ
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

A friend is just looking into it at the moment it will go on a roll on roll off I will try and find out costs if that helps
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:29 am
Just Joined

wendels is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep we brought ours over 2 years ago, no problems, it went into a 40ft container with our household things. Best thing we ever did as worth so much more here, and used it plenty. Now on the move across the ditch, and will sell the van and hopefully make a bob or two
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:29 am
Just Joined

rsjam is a jewel in the roughrsjam is a jewel in the roughrsjam is a jewel in the roughrsjam is a jewel in the rough

thanks for that wendles. I would need to do the roll on roll off as too wide for a container--- mine is a static caravan 28x12 but so lovely I want to take it with me
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:31 am
Just Joined

hi minky--as your friend is looking at roll on roll off i would be very keen to know any details, thanks
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice

Very, very expensive to buy here - I'd definitely bring it with you!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:39 am
Just Joined

hanks Jo still trying to find out about costs and looking at the move about Aug / Sept 2012
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Think you have to get the electrics sorted out when you get here but dont think
its a biggy
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

at the moment its about 5500 thats bringing it down fromthe north to I think Southampton to nz
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:15 am
Just Joined

uknzbc is a jewel in the roughuknzbc is a jewel in the roughuknzbc is a jewel in the roughuknzbc is a jewel in the rough

We brought our out with a company called upakweship they were great, we also brought a car and other stuff through them later on, there email is [email protected] he is really nice and helpful and it cost us 2000 pounds. when it arrived here Maf steam cleaned it for 220 Dollars and the plugs needed to be changed electrician done it, as he has to sign it off so you cant do it yourself $200.

Never looked back tell them you will clear it at customs yourself really easy saves more money an hour it is all done and we loaded the van with lots of shopping and Maf were amused at the walkers crisps and gravy granules.

Hope that helps
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:13 am
Just Joined

thank you for your interest. I would need to truck my caravan from Dorset to Southampton---- did anyone need to steam clean the van here or is it just done in NZ? I will email the link you gave me and ask few questions ---thanks for that
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uknzbc
We brought our out with a company called upakweship they were great, we also brought a car and other stuff through them later on, there email is [email protected] he is really nice and helpful and it cost us 2000 pounds. when it arrived here Maf steam cleaned it for 220 Dollars and the plugs needed to be changed electrician done it, as he has to sign it off so you cant do it yourself $200.

Never looked back tell them you will clear it at customs yourself really easy saves more money an hour it is all done and we loaded the van with lots of shopping and Maf were amused at the walkers crisps and gravy granules.

Hope that helps
thanks uknzbc will check out that email address and thanks for the recommendation