British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Taking the children (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/taking-children-773276/)

j19fmm Oct 1st 2012 11:46 am

Taking the children

Hi all, can't believe it ...another hiccup.
NZIS are asking for proof of my sole custody of my kids, which I don't have. We never did anything about custody at Court, just shared it. I do have a legally signed Stat Dec from their dad saying I can take them.
Anyone else come across this problem? What do I do???

Natandandy Oct 1st 2012 7:37 pm

Re: Taking the children

Hi
We are planning the big move to nz soon, like you I will be taking my children with me. I had to get a Notary public person to witness my ex's ( the children's father ) consent signature for me to take the children to nz. Hope this helps.

j19fmm Oct 1st 2012 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Natandandy (Post 10308772)
Hi
We are planning the big move to nz soon, like you I will be taking my children with me. I had to get a Notary public person to witness my ex's ( the children's father ) consent signature for me to take the children to nz. Hope this helps.

Thank you for replying. I already have a stat dec signed in front of his solicitor. Really don't have anything else to offer them!!!

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 1st 2012 8:34 pm

Oh goodness, not another hurdle. All you can do is send them the stat doc & hope that they accept it. You must feel like your :banghead:.
Let's hope that this can be resolved quickly :fingerscrossed:.

j19fmm Oct 1st 2012 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10308858)
Oh goodness, not another hurdle. All you can do is send them the stat doc & hope that they accept it. You must feel like your :banghead:.
Let's hope that this can be resolved quickly :fingerscrossed:.

Hey Vital, they already have the stat dec! It clearly says 'and/or' and the stat dec is the or!!!

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 1st 2012 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 10308861)
Hey Vital, they already have the stat dec! It clearly says 'and/or' and the stat dec is the or!!!

Then they is idiots :nod: But they is idiots that you have to get passed :frown:. Have you spoken with them? I'm sure you have but I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sorry :o

MrsFychan Oct 1st 2012 8:51 pm

email your CO and ask why the Stat Doc isn't enough explaining it was signed in front of fathers solicitor by him and ask what other documentation would be required.

j19fmm Oct 1st 2012 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10308872)
Then they is idiots :nod: But they is idiots that you have to get passed :frown:. Have you spoken with them? I'm sure you have but I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sorry :o

Have told our immi advisor and have suggested a phone call. Also passedon email from my solicitor saying there was nothing at court.
Have a nasty feeling we either have a newbie or a jobsworth at NZIS Wellington x

BEVS Oct 1st 2012 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 10308881)
Have a nasty feeling we either have a newbie or a jobsworth at NZIS Wellington x

Yes. It does sound that way doesn't it. There's been one or two cases of that around of late I feel. I'm not sure what training some of them are getting recently.

Originally Posted by MrsF
email your CO and ask why the Stat Doc isn't enough explaining it was signed in front of fathers solicitor by him and ask what other documentation would be required.

I'd go along with that. What does your Immy agent have to say ?

It's blow after blow for you :(. I would just love to read one day that you've overcome everything and are all on your way.

j19fmm Oct 2nd 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10308899)
I would just love to read one day that you've overcome everything and are all on your way.

Me too BEV!!!

simonsi Oct 2nd 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 10308881)

Or perhaps a CO who doesn't like immi advisors....have you tried calling them direct?

j19fmm Oct 2nd 2012 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10310220)
Or perhaps a CO who doesn't like immi advisors....have you tried calling them direct?

I don't know who the CO is! Advisor is writing and pointing out the enclosed Stat Dec and I've sent a scan of letter from my Solicitor explaining why no directive from Court. God, I can see this is going to be a bumpy ride..:huh:

simonsi Oct 3rd 2012 2:57 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 10310254)
I don't know who the CO is!

Well ask your immi advisor - they work for you not the other way around...

Persephone Oct 3rd 2012 7:36 am

So sorry to hear that another hurdle has be placed in front of you. I think everyone else has covered what you can do. I can't think of anything else to add to that.
Just wishing you lots of luck and:fingerscrossed: we hear good news from you soon xx

j19fmm Oct 3rd 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10310713)
Well ask your immi advisor - they work for you not the other way around...

:o