Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Taking the children

Taking the children

Old Oct 1st 2012, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taking the children

Hi all, can't believe it ...another hiccup.
NZIS are asking for proof of my sole custody of my kids, which I don't have. We never did anything about custody at Court, just shared it. I do have a legally signed Stat Dec from their dad saying I can take them.
Anyone else come across this problem? What do I do???
Old Oct 1st 2012, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Natandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really niceNatandandy is just really nice
Default Re: Taking the children

Hi
We are planning the big move to nz soon, like you I will be taking my children with me. I had to get a Notary public person to witness my ex's ( the children's father ) consent signature for me to take the children to nz. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Natandandy
Hi
We are planning the big move to nz soon, like you I will be taking my children with me. I had to get a Notary public person to witness my ex's ( the children's father ) consent signature for me to take the children to nz. Hope this helps.
Thank you for replying. I already have a stat dec signed in front of his solicitor. Really don't have anything else to offer them!!!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh goodness, not another hurdle. All you can do is send them the stat doc & hope that they accept it. You must feel like your .
Let's hope that this can be resolved quickly .
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Oh goodness, not another hurdle. All you can do is send them the stat doc & hope that they accept it. You must feel like your .
Let's hope that this can be resolved quickly .
Hey Vital, they already have the stat dec! It clearly says 'and/or' and the stat dec is the or!!!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hey Vital, they already have the stat dec! It clearly says 'and/or' and the stat dec is the or!!!
Then they is idiots But they is idiots that you have to get passed . Have you spoken with them? I'm sure you have but I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sorry
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

email your CO and ask why the Stat Doc isn't enough explaining it was signed in front of fathers solicitor by him and ask what other documentation would be required.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Then they is idiots But they is idiots that you have to get passed . Have you spoken with them? I'm sure you have but I'm not sure what else to suggest. Sorry
Have told our immi advisor and have suggested a phone call. Also passedon email from my solicitor saying there was nothing at court.
Have a nasty feeling we either have a newbie or a jobsworth at NZIS Wellington x
Old Oct 1st 2012, 9:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have a nasty feeling we either have a newbie or a jobsworth at NZIS Wellington x
Yes. It does sound that way doesn't it. There's been one or two cases of that around of late I feel. I'm not sure what training some of them are getting recently.

Originally Posted by MrsF
email your CO and ask why the Stat Doc isn't enough explaining it was signed in front of fathers solicitor by him and ask what other documentation would be required.
I'd go along with that. What does your Immy agent have to say ?

It's blow after blow for you . I would just love to read one day that you've overcome everything and are all on your way.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
I would just love to read one day that you've overcome everything and are all on your way.
Me too BEV!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 6:22 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Or perhaps a CO who doesn't like immi advisors....have you tried calling them direct?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonsi
Or perhaps a CO who doesn't like immi advisors....have you tried calling them direct?
I don't know who the CO is! Advisor is writing and pointing out the enclosed Stat Dec and I've sent a scan of letter from my Solicitor explaining why no directive from Court. God, I can see this is going to be a bumpy ride..
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 2:57 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who the CO is!
Well ask your immi advisor - they work for you not the other way around...
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 7:36 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that another hurdle has be placed in front of you. I think everyone else has covered what you can do. I can't think of anything else to add to that.
Just wishing you lots of luck and we hear good news from you soon xx
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonsi
Well ask your immi advisor - they work for you not the other way around...