Tai Chi

Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Tai Chi

It usually starts with a bit of Tai Chi as a warm up and then moves onto yoga, followed by some balances, a bit of pilates, some stretches and then a bit of relaxation/meditation. that's the bodybalance class, bodystep speaks for itself, then there's bodyjam, bodyattack, bodypump...have a look at www.cityfitness.co.nz for the full list and explanation of all the stuff they do.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
It usually starts with a bit of Tai Chi as a warm up and then moves onto yoga, followed by some balances, a bit of pilates, some stretches and then a bit of relaxation/meditation. that's the bodybalance class, bodystep speaks for itself, then there's bodyjam, bodyattack, bodypump...have a look at www.cityfitness.co.nz for the full list and explanation of all the stuff they do.
Can you just pay for the class or do you have to join the gym?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:25 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I've done pilates it's kicked my arse. Difficult, but effective!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:33 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

Thanks for the link Wilma, good stuff.

Looks like its membership Danny only, mind you i did skim read!

Anyway, wheres ya wife, she sorted out her silkies yet?

I was going to put one of my DVDs in and have a look the structure of Tai Chi in greater detail... David Cardine (Kung Fu) or Brett Wagland.... umm the choices!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:49 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

This may help

Everybody Was A Kung Fu Fighting

and one day this might be you and you and you....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:58 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

Good work young jedi...

this lady is rather fluid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9SRS...eature=related

There is a world day of it too (26th April):

http://worldtaichiday.org/
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:01 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dribble

There is a world day of it too (26th April):

http://worldtaichiday.org/

Everyone down to civic square that day !!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:06 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Originally Posted by Ted Logan

Everyone down to civic square that day !!!!
Now wouldnt that be a sight... could pay for admission to see us... go into competion with the X-Games :-)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:09 am
Winter hibernator

Originally Posted by dribble
Now wouldnt that be a sight... could pay for admission to see us... go into competion with the X-Games :-)
Your getting a bit ahead of yourself matey, but practice makes perfect as they say so plenty of time in front of the mirror (works for me )
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:12 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

ur a crouching tiger?
I will be hidden dragon...

Of course its more about a lifestyle that helps your body and mind.

I was going down the avenue of a load of pommies in silk pj's, rather than the stereotypical knotted hanky and union jack shorts ;-)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:18 am
Winter hibernator

Where be the Union Jacks than ???

better Crouching Tiger than Belching Frog I suppose
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:30 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

If you have problems with digestion you can use "griding the corn" movement, apparently. Be aware, the MA application send your assisant into the next studio
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Isn't the crane what the Karate Kid did at the end of the movie with his broken foot????
I used to do karate with Danny but the trainer kept putting us together to spar - I think it was for his personal amusement. After looking like a battered wife (seriously, I even had fractured ribs, thanks love) for several months I gave up, although I was probably at my fittest!
Would love to do some exercise - anything - to lose weight, tone up and de stress but time is a major factor. Danny is out by 6am most mornings so early morning is out - quite keen to join the gym though, mainly for the classes. I used to go to the gym and swim 2 / 3 times weekly, do a kick fit class and a weekly dance class and now do nothing (did manage 1 run / walk last week though Ted) so can't complain about my clothes being too tight.
Miht see you at the gym Wilma
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:06 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

White crane spreads its wings is a TC movement...

The Crane stance you are on about is indeed in Karate Kid... obviously everyone has had a go at it.

TC, all be it slow and fluid I think it would help if you have an understanding of MA movements. The classes that Wilma is talking about would give you a great start into learning that movement and help your toning. I have seen that they a bodycombat class there too... might be a faster way of losing a few pounds..

Having watched a couple of the DVDs I think that it maybe foolish to assume that anyone can pick it up straight away with out a little tuition.

You have to start somewhere, so if you wanted a learning partner just shout, otherwise I can give you some pointers in how to take out the big man without much effort ;-)

I have spare sparring pads if you want to get your own back. I am happy to teach you self defence so you can kick his ass "legally" ;-)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Originally Posted by danny.f
Can you just pay for the class or do you have to join the gym?
You have to join big D, but when I signed up I got out of the joining fee and the admin costs - must be my winning smile (and I got a couple of weeks free as they didn't start my direct debit until the beginning of the next month - perhaps he wanted more than my smile ).

Originally Posted by donnaf
Miht see you at the gym Wilma
Hey, why don't you and the big D join up, register under 'D. Fearon' and share a membership card or you could try and wangle a reduced rate as one of you would have to stay home and look after the kids!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.