Tagging

Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Tagging

I'd heard this term a few times on the local radio and realised a few weeks back thats is a term for a particular type of graffiti.

We live in quite a nice country area and in a short period over Christmas this type of graffiti which is mainly just some idiot repeatedly spraying his 'signature' on something, appeared on everything from road signs to fences and buildings. It costs others to get rid of it and looks awful and anyone caught doing it should be made to pay for and be involved in repairing the damage on top of any sentence they receive.

Its very very annoying to think of someone damaging things in this way for no apparent reason and i struggle to understand the mentality of anyone who does such a thing. While i thought it was young kids who did such things the following news story suggests its actually also 'adults' if you can call them that.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10487939
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:56 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tagging

It's a sad fact of life that some people are just mindless. But if it's being done by adults there's a chance that you could have a gang trying to mark out its territory.

They've done a lot here to counteract the problem, although drowning taggers is going a bit too far some think.

But something does need to be done in your village before it gets out of hand, why not offer your services? if you've nothing better to do that is.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:03 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

It seems to go in cycles. Lots of bored toe-rags put their tags up during the school holidays.

On a side note, Adidas and the New Zealand Rugby Union must indirectly support property destruction as they have a campaign selling sunglasses with rugby notables Dan Carter and Doug Howlett posing in their sunnies in a graffiti festooned alleyway. I suppose the marketeer scum figure that it gives the image of some gritty urban 'street' credibility. Tossers...
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Nerine;5815937].

They've done a lot here to counteract the problem, QUOTE]

That's good. I remember last Christmas seeing so much of it on the trip from Brisbane airport to GC.
What have they done? I think here you are supposed to report it if you see someone in the act, but not sure what happens then!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine

But something does need to be done in your village before it gets out of hand, why not offer your services? if you've nothing better to do that is.
As I told you in another thread it's for others to sort out the social problems.....unless that is i actually see someone doing it at which point they'll wish they weren't. Your attempts to consistently wind up some people on here really is getting somewhat tedious, boring and futile........

Whitford is not a proper village as such..... more an area made up of large properties with land.

The tagging is actually more on the road furniture along the routes used by others who drive through the area and on to Howick or Beachlands etc. Bit sad when you drive along the road from Whitford to Maraetai to see such a beautiful area spoiled by the mess of tagging.

Its got more to do with mindless idiots than gangs.......... or are they one and the same.

Last edited by teambwr47; Jan 20th 2008 at 10:19 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:17 pm

I saw that miles of it was painted out the last time I made that journey.

But go into skate shops in NZ and you'll see that they sell cans of spray paint, which is something that the local councils should try to curtail.

As for Adidas' ad campaign its fairly obvious who their target market is, not sure that they are they actively promoting the destruction of property.

Watch now for ads using a subliminal colour theme of black and yellow to appeal to youth culture. You know you're getting on when this stuff goes over your head .

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/s...ectid=10487652
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:34 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I saw that miles of it was painted out the last time I made that journey.
That's good to hear.

But go into skate shops in NZ and you'll see that they sell cans of spray paint, which is something that the local councils should try to curtail.
I haven't been in skate shops. I must make it a point to go in and check that out. If true, yes, I agree that is something the councils should try to curtail.

As for Adidas' ad campaign its fairly obvious who their target market is, not sure that they are they actively promoting the destruction of property.
Yes, it is obvious that Adidas is targeting the youth market. It is not only Adidas, but many other corporations in their advert campaigns portray graffiti marred landscapes as somehow adding 'street' credibility to their products. It isn't explicitly stated of course but the implications are there.

Watch now for ads using a subliminal colour theme of black and yellow to appeal to youth culture. You know you're getting on when this stuff goes over your head .

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/s...ectid=10487652
Buncha no-hopers...Killer-Beez? Sheesh.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:23 pm

'Cheapskates' in Henderson Westfield Mall was the last skate place I noticed selling paint.

Being a bunch of 'no-hopers' won't make them any less attractive to youth though. This is an example of the average thought process when it comes to common sense

http://www.norml.org.nz/modules.php?...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by Nerine; Jan 20th 2008 at 11:47 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

'Cheapskates' in Henderson Westfield Mall was the last skate place I noticed selling paint.

Being a bunch of 'no-hopers' won't make them any less attractive to youth though. This is an example of the average thought process when it comes to common sense

http://www.norml.org.nz/modules.php?...er=asc&start=0
Just had a look at that link Nerine, and I dont want to appear like I am being rude, but what is it relevant to?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:09 am

No worries, I was wanting to show that sometimes youth culture tends to live in a world of its own, they get so wound up in wanting to appear cool to their mates they don't realise they're overstepping the mark or actually breaking the law. Then when they get caught out it comes as a big surprise and everyone is to blame except themselves. Well.....that's how I saw it anyway
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh ok, I get that. I just didn't see the link between smoking pot and tagging, I dont think pot smokers would be bothered with tagging.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:46 am

what.....too stoned to see straight you mean?

No, taggers smoke the stuff alright.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Do they? I'll have to take your word for it!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:43 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Last October I was walking along a stretch of coast near Wellington and decided to sit down on a bench and admire the sea view. There was an inscription on the bench that said that it had been put there because a local couple had lost their 21 year old son one year earlier. He had been swimming in the sea that the bench overlooked, and had drowned. The inscription said that we should enjoy the view and remember how precious life is.

Happened to be there again this evening. Somebody has sprayed their initials all over the bench in green paint. Oh dear.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:57 am
Just Joined

wildbean has a brilliant futurewildbean has a brilliant futurewildbean has a brilliant futurewildbean has a brilliant futurewildbean has a brilliant futurewildbean has a brilliant futurewildbean has a brilliant futurewildbean has a brilliant future

what.....too stoned to see straight you mean?

No, taggers smoke the stuff alright.
I wouldn't agree that every tagger smokes pot. Kids tag, they dont smoke pot. Older ones maybe but I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.