Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

suspension of international nurse registration!!!!

suspension of international nurse registration!!!!

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

princegeoff is just really niceprincegeoff is just really niceprincegeoff is just really niceprincegeoff is just really niceprincegeoff is just really niceprincegeoff is just really niceprincegeoff is just really niceprincegeoff is just really nice
Default suspension of international nurse registration!!!!

My other half had been working very hard to get the IELTS done and then apply for registration with the nursing council. She got her results last Thursday but International registration is now suspended until the new policy on qualifications comes out around the end of September.

Has anyone got any idea what the changes will be?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Default Re: suspension of international nurse registration!!!!

Originally Posted by princegeoff
My other half had been working very hard to get the IELTS done and then apply for registration with the nursing council. She got her results last Thursday but International registration is now suspended until the new policy on qualifications comes out around the end of September.

Has anyone got any idea what the changes will be?
I saw that too when I accessed the site to print off the application form. I'm sitting my IELTS next month. it doesnt change significantly.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BevK
I saw that too when I accessed the site to print off the application form. I'm sitting my IELTS next month. it doesnt change significantly.
Hope it doesn't effect the CAPS (Return to Nursing) course that I am curently undertaking here in NZ
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps at all I have just received this from the NZNC

The Information on the website (see below) relates only to new applications for registration. It does not relate to those who have been assessed and are currently completing a competence assessment programme.

The Nursing Council will not be accepting any new applications for registration from overseas applicants (except applications under Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement {TTMR}) from 10 August 2010 until such time as any amendments to the qualifications required for those applicants have been consulted on and gazetted.

Any new applications for registration from overseas applicants that are received fall into this category. It is anticipated that any amendments to the qualifications will come into force at the end of September 2010 at which time the Council will resume accepting new applications.

Denise Nelson│Team Leader Overseas Registration
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nero
If it helps at all I have just received this from the NZNC

The Information on the website (see below) relates only to new applications for registration. It does not relate to those who have been assessed and are currently completing a competence assessment programme.

The Nursing Council will not be accepting any new applications for registration from overseas applicants (except applications under Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement {TTMR}) from 10 August 2010 until such time as any amendments to the qualifications required for those applicants have been consulted on and gazetted.

Any new applications for registration from overseas applicants that are received fall into this category. It is anticipated that any amendments to the qualifications will come into force at the end of September 2010 at which time the Council will resume accepting new applications.

Denise Nelson│Team Leader Overseas Registration
It would help if I had already applied, but unfortunately I havent so I will have to wait till the end of September Thanks anyway.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:13 am
Pilottinker

pilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to behold

This has effected me too. I rang them today, as I have been offered a job, to be told don't bother to send in my application as it will be returned in the post to me. They said they are reviewing their Rules and I would have to keep watching the website for when I should send in my forms.
Something has happened somewhere and they are probably trying to avoid scam applications.