Supermarket sweep

Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Supermarket sweep

Originally Posted by soulflour
Our first online shop came yesterday - it was so sweet, there was a hand written note welcoming me and hoping I had a nice day and apologising for the one item that they didn't have in stock (which I'd already had TWO phone calls about)... and they also gave me a complimentary tube of toothpaste ha ha ha...

i love new zealand!

I ordered from a shop in Whangarei, which is half and hours drive away from us - so it's a real bonus to be able to do that when it's so hot and humid and you'd rather be chilling out than shopping!

Waipu also has great veggie shops and butchers. The only thing I find frustrating is the lack of fish shops - i know this is because EVERYONE round here happily catches and smokes etc. their own fish... but my dp is STILL rubbish at it even though he goes all the time (i think he probably just takes a beer and stares at the water and writes music in his head!) so we only ever have shellfish we can get from the shore! Unless a fisherman takes pity on me, which happens occasionally...

x
Havent done any online shopping for food here or in the uk (now that I think about it) I actually enjoy going food shopping but dont have kids to get bored and saying 'can i have' , as I can imagine this makes shopping so much harder for those who have

love the bit about the fishing and drinking beer....my OH says he wants to go fishing but I think he will just do the beer drinking
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=soulflour;4295036]Our first online shop came yesterday - it was so sweet, there was a hand written note welcoming me and hoping I had a nice day and apologising for the one item that they didn't have in stock (which I'd already had TWO phone calls about)... and they also gave me a complimentary tube of toothpaste ha ha ha...

Karen, Nerine and dllmckay thanks for your replies. re the gas- I do like the house warm- hubby would say its hot but that was the deal when we returned from Singapore, I said that if I've got to live in UK in winter I'm not stinting on the CH! Same will apply in NZ before anyone asks- a house with some kind of heating will be in our list

Soulflour- Was the online shop from a large store or a local corner shop?Sounds lovely, very friendly
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

From a large store in whangarei - woolworths/foodtown!

Whangarei is about 38kms away, and it's SO hot and humid at the moment....

x
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:35 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

As I started the original thread i can't believe 77 replies! In summary my wife and I now in considering emigrating to NZ think we should :

1) retrain for jobs in customer services
2) buy a rotivator (see my new thread "cost of rotivators" and grow veggies for sale to Pak n Starve
3) develop a cucumber fetish

Thanks for all replies - keep them coming!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sniffydog
As I started the original thread i can't believe 77 replies! In summary my wife and I now in considering emigrating to NZ think we should :

2) buy a rotivator (see my new thread "cost of rotivators" and grow veggies for sale to Pak n Starve

And wean yourselves off avocados if you like them.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 8:43 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Or just use shops other than supermarkets.

Courgettes are much safer than cucumbers if you're thinking of developing a fetish.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

+ bring your own sausages
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
+ bring your own sausages
But they won't let you in so you'll have to eat them all on the plane.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biddy
Courgettes are much safer than cucumbers if you're thinking of developing a fetish.

you saucy minx
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J

you saucy minx
But don't use any chilli sauce
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

But don't use any chilli sauce
I take it you are speaking from experience here Biddy?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:47 pm
Give us a kiss

Originally Posted by Jude J
I take it you are speaking from experience here Biddy?
Nope- just common sense.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nope- just common sense.
fair enough!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:58 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. You've inspired me Soulflour,Pixi dust,Poppets,Helinuk and the rest of you.

After reading your postings and conversations that we had already had as a family when we first discussed NZ, I have started to cook more from scratch!!!

To help me in said task, I decided to invest in a breadmaker & slow cooker. After looking in my local Waitrose and nearly being overcome with shock at the cost (£99 for a breadmaker and £39.99 for a 6.5L slow cooker) I decided to look on the net, found the whole lot for £108 and was quite chuffed.

Monday morning arrives and so does the post and so do the bills (more of them! ) so bang goes that idea until......

On the way to school, I was chatting with my neighbour and explained my idea and the fact it was on hold, when she shouts " Don't worry, I've got a breadmaker in the back of my cupboard you can have!!! It's a big one and you can make jam in it too!!" And the bonus is that she wanted nothing for it!!!!! ( bought a pressie to say thanks anyway!!). Tonight I've reserved the same slow cooker in Argos for £29.99, so all set up and no excuse now!!!

So watch this space

Sarah x
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:09 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Ok. You've inspired me Soulflour,Pixi dust,Poppets,Helinuk and the rest of you.

After reading your postings and conversations that we had already had as a family when we first discussed NZ, I have started to cook more from scratch!!!

To help me in said task, I decided to invest in a breadmaker & slow cooker. After looking in my local Waitrose and nearly being overcome with shock at the cost (£99 for a breadmaker and £39.99 for a 6.5L slow cooker) I decided to look on the net, found the whole lot for £108 and was quite chuffed.

Monday morning arrives and so does the post and so do the bills (more of them! ) so bang goes that idea until......

On the way to school, I was chatting with my neighbour and explained my idea and the fact it was on hold, when she shouts " Don't worry, I've got a breadmaker in the back of my cupboard you can have!!! It's a big one and you can make jam in it too!!" And the bonus is that she wanted nothing for it!!!!! ( bought a pressie to say thanks anyway!!). Tonight I've reserved the same slow cooker in Argos for £29.99, so all set up and no excuse now!!!

So watch this space

Sarah x
Am a little spoilt with slow cooking, which suits my life to a tee as am very slow; can you get Agas in NZ? I shall miss mine soooo badly when we leave!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.