Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

[QUOTE=homesick harry] DONT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS FACED BY THEM WHEN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY,
do you understand the problems faced by british expats, seriously, do you.

Do you think that we came too the UK and had no problems with settling.
Calm down Harry before you have a heart attack. And get some work done, I've heard that lots of companies don't like to hire Brits cause they don't do any work but just surf the net all day.
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:34 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=homesick harry]typical kiwi, 'look at the rules, abide by the rules'
i'm not name calling, but its for british expats, you're not one of those, its not complicated, hey i try to respect everyone's opinions, but you dont see me on the NZ expats forum do you, you know why, because i'm not one & i therefore DONT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS FACED BY THEM WHEN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY,

Oh I think I have some idea of what life is like for a BRITISH EXPAT living in NZ. My sister is married to one & yes Ive seen what life is like for him in NZ but then maybe hes been there long enough to know he never wants to live in The UK again.
As for this problem you seem to have with us Kiwis posting on here like I said take it up with Sue. It never ceases to amaze me that you come join this forum this month & try to tell those of us who have been members for more than 3 years that we have no right to be here
Yes I do like to abide by the rules & have done so all my life. If thats a problem its your problem & not mine because Im proud of the fact that Im a law abiding person with good honest ways!!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:35 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

yes, but you're not british, this is a british expats forum, maybe problems kiwis face is different to british people, you cant understand how we feel as you come from a different place & culture, so therefore different problems,
if brits didn't get hired by companies, how come theres so many of them here, & as for kiwis calling brits slackers, hello........pot calling kettle....hello, come in kettle.
Oh & dont tell me to get some work done, you're not my boss & i dont answer to you, i know most kiwis do what they're told, but i';m not kiwi

[QUOTE=kaz Hen]
Originally Posted by homesick harry
DONT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS FACED BY THEM WHEN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY,

Do you think that we came too the UK and had no problems with settling.
Calm down Harry before you have a heart attack. And get some work done, I've heard that lots of companies don't like to hire Brits cause they don't do any work but just surf the net all day.
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=homesick harry]yes, but you're not british, this is a british expats forum, maybe problems kiwis face is different to british people, you cant understand how we feel as you come from a different place & culture, so therefore different problems,
if brits didn't get hired by companies, how come theres so many of them here, & as for kiwis calling brits slackers, hello........pot calling kettle....hello, come in kettle.
Oh & dont tell me to get some work done, you're not my boss & i dont answer to you, i know most kiwis do what they're told, but i';m not kiwi

Harry just listen to yourself, you sound like a four year old ' your not the boss of me'
Are you very short? Is that your problem.
Go and get a life for goodness sake.
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:44 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

i'm quite tall actually, well 6 feet 3,
shepslady, i'm not saying you shouldn't be here, i'm just saying that you're perspective is not a british one, so how can you honestly say, maybe being from the uK gives people different perspectives, have you ever considered that, a different perspective.
I would like to know the reaction if a brit went on a kiwi website & went off on one

[QUOTE=kaz Hen]
Originally Posted by homesick harry
yes, but you're not british, this is a british expats forum, maybe problems kiwis face is different to british people, you cant understand how we feel as you come from a different place & culture, so therefore different problems,

Harry just listen to yourself, you sound like a four year old ' your not the boss of me'
Are you very short? Is that your problem.
Go and get a life for goodness sake.
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:58 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=homesick harry]i'm quite tall actually, well 6 feet 3,
shepslady, i'm not saying you shouldn't be here, i'm just saying that you're perspective is not a british one, so how can you honestly say, maybe being from the uK gives people different perspectives, have you ever considered that, a different perspective.
I would like to know the reaction if a brit went on a kiwi website & went off on one

You seriously call my postings "Going Off" oh my Harry you havent seen anything & I would never go off on here He he he you go one better than me, you move to NZ & then go off huh
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:15 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
Hello!
Delighted that we are coming to Napier and cantwait!
Then I find out UB40 are playing Napier in Feb,one of my fav bands!
Have seen U2 on this tour at city of Manchester stadium, very good but the venue upset me (Man citys ground!).
I too used to go to MEN or GMEX loads. You from Manchester?
2 weeks til we fly now!!
Yep, we're Mancs. Never thought I'd say it, but I do miss Manchester.

We lived not far from the Stadium, saw a few concerts there. Didn't see U2 cos we were on holiday. Had to pass it every day to get to work, I'd love to see it again, particularly the B of the Bang (also known as Kerplunk and the Chocolate Starfish of Manchester). Ugly as hell, but I loved it. For anyone who doesn't know it, check out this link http://www.360spin.co.uk/bofthebang/

Didn't rate the Stadium as a venue much though for concerts. Would still love to go again though!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:24 pm
livewire

Has no one noticed that 50 Cents and G unit are playing NZ?

Now there's something I'd like to see

Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice
Smile Re: STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

Originally Posted by bookemjano

We lived not far from the Stadium, saw a few concerts there. Didn't see U2 cos we were on holiday. Had to pass it every day to get to work, I'd love to see it again, particularly the B of the Bang (also known as Kerplunk and the Chocolate Starfish of Manchester). Ugly as hell, but I loved it. For anyone who doesn't know it, check out this link http://www.360spin.co.uk/bofthebang/

Didn't rate the Stadium as a venue much though for concerts. Would still love to go again though!
Us Mancs should stick together - not raving Salfordians like crazy HomesickHarry.
I am from Whalley Range so most places seem good to me!

Enjoyed the concert immensely.The time before that, I saw them at Manchester Poly and there was honestly no more than about 80 people there!
You take care kid!
I live in Macc now (poss Cheshire) but all fam are scattered around S.Manc and I miss it living only 17 miles away.
Oh dear......
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:57 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano

Did Lynford model for the "Chocky Starfish"???... ...
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:56 am
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

HH :scared:

Please calm down or please don't post, (my opinion only). I am not yet an NZ-expat, (waiting on visa decision) though I should count as I lived in Germany for 5 years - I hope that still means I am 'allowed' to post here.

Having seen your posts all over the forum and, reading between the lines , thinking you want to retun and therefore are not bothered with NZ, it's inhabitants etc, then why even keep posting?

I joined the forum to try to get balanced views of the pros and cons of the upcoming move, and to get help and advice about the process. I have found from experience that forums are useful but always have some Victor Meldrew/Scrooge types. I hope you can chip in with some pros and cons as I am sure your experience is invaluable but please, do yourself a favour and don't get riled up. Just not worth it, (save it for traffic back in the UK if that is where you are bound).

Just stop posting, save up and fly back. One less thing to get stressed about and one less poster causing offence.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:13 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

So who was Harry then

Must be one of the old timers with dual identities on here to get banned so quickly!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
What could it be that is taking up so much airtime in New Zealand?
- A major natural disaster somewhere?
- Chinese Cities beseiged by poisonous sewage?
- A terrorist atrocity?
- Death of a World Leader?
- A monster on the loose?
:
NO!

The U2 cencert has sold out..... who needs news you can have incidental rubbish hey? (sorry ah.) Oh well, at least it stops them banging on about the latest peter jackson effort for about 5 minutes.

Sorry having a Victor moment....
The big national healine that summed up NZ to me was about the theft/return of Parnia of the reef. Major national news about the theft of a statue from Napier.

Rob
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=homesick harry]yes, but you're not british, this is a british expats forum,

typical kiwi, 'look at the rules, abide by the rules'
QUOTE]

Who's "abiding by the rules" now ?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=homesick harry]

I know what you are though....and I don't mean 'a brit'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.