Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:12 am
turkeytickler

Angry STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

What could it be that is taking up so much airtime in New Zealand?
- A major natural disaster somewhere?
- Chinese Cities beseiged by poisonous sewage?
- A terrorist atrocity?
- Death of a World Leader?
- A monster on the loose?
:
NO!

The U2 cencert has sold out..... who needs news you can have incidental rubbish hey? (sorry ah.) Oh well, at least it stops them banging on about the latest peter jackson effort for about 5 minutes.

Sorry having a Victor moment....

Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

LOL

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 5th 2005 at 4:49 am. Reason: smileys didn't come out .
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:18 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
What could it be that is taking up so much airtime in New Zealand?
- A major natural disaster somewhere?
- Chinese Cities beseiged by poisonous sewage?
- A terrorist atrocity?
- Death of a World Leader?
- A monster on the loose?
:
NO!

The U2 cencert has sold out..... who needs news you can have incidental rubbish hey? (sorry ah.) Oh well, at least it stops them banging on about the latest peter jackson effort for about 5 minutes.

Sorry having a Victor moment....
What U2 concert? Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Bugger! Missed it.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 2:19 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano
What U2 concert? Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Bugger! Missed it.
LOL Jan how can you not have heard about that one?? I even heard about it over here in the US but not to worry too much because the concert is a one off & being held in Auckland I think ( well its definately in the North Island anyhow) So along with the high cost of the tickets transport & accomodations taken into consideration would make it unrealistic for most in the South Island anyhow.Never mind though cos some big names do visit The Westpac Trust Centre from time to time so maybe you can catch one of them sometime
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:58 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

I've seen U2 twice on this tour - in Cardiff and Barcelona - and it was the most amazing concert I've ever been to.

If you can get tickets...do. Sing your heart out and witness one of the greatest bands in The World do their thang. Fantastic.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 5:14 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Den13
I've seen U2 twice on this tour - in Cardiff and Barcelona - and it was the most amazing concert I've ever been to.

If you can get tickets...do. Sing your heart out and witness one of the greatest bands in The World do their thang. Fantastic.
I saw them years ago, they were absolutely brilliant. One of the few bands I'd pay to see several times.

How scary is it though that I missed all the coverage? I used to be a concert a week person, practically had a season ticket for the MEN Arena. Perhaps this is one for the 'you know you've been in NZ too long when ...' thread! That and the fact that I just could not justify the expense!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:55 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

OH NO, thats definitely a 'been in NZ too long' thing, they are amazing life, truly amazing. Saw that at the MEN Arena in 2001, god, been to a load of concerts there & remember the review from the Manchester saying they thought the roof was going to come off, what a show.....i've got my 2 tickets for Auckland !!!!!! THEY ARE AMAZING, & as for it dominating the news in NZ, it is the biggest entertainment event to happen here since LOTR, & lets face it, its all part of the NZ media's 'lets bang the NZ drum' policy, but god they are amazing in concert, truly truly an experience for anyone into music.

I saw them years ago, they were absolutely brilliant. One of the few bands I'd pay to see several times.

How scary is it though that I missed all the coverage? I used to be a concert a week person, practically had a season ticket for the MEN Arena. Perhaps this is one for the 'you know you've been in NZ too long when ...' thread! That and the fact that I just could not justify the expense!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice
Smile Re: STOP PRESS - Major World Catastrophe!!

Hello!
Delighted that we are coming to Napier and cantwait!
Then I find out UB40 are playing Napier in Feb,one of my fav bands!
Have seen U2 on this tour at city of Manchester stadium, very good but the venue upset me (Man citys ground!).
I too used to go to MEN or GMEX loads. You from Manchester?
2 weeks til we fly now!!

Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:25 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

well i'm from salford, i would have preferred to go to the Nynez too (sorry MEN, showing my age a bit there), didn't go to this tour, not bothered with it being at scummy ground,

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
Hello!
Delighted that we are coming to Napier and cantwait!
Then I find out UB40 are playing Napier in Feb,one of my fav bands!
Have seen U2 on this tour at city of Manchester stadium, very good but the venue upset me (Man citys ground!).
I too used to go to MEN or GMEX loads. You from Manchester?
2 weeks til we fly now!!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:50 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homesick harry
OH NO, thats definitely a 'been in NZ too long' thing, they are amazing life, truly amazing. Saw that at the MEN Arena in 2001, god, been to a load of concerts there & remember the review from the Manchester saying they thought the roof was going to come off, what a show.....i've got my 2 tickets for Auckland !!!!!! THEY ARE AMAZING, & as for it dominating the news in NZ, it is the biggest entertainment event to happen here since LOTR, & lets face it, its all part of the NZ media's 'lets bang the NZ drum' policy, but god they are amazing in concert, truly truly an experience for anyone into music.
Somehow I think you guys all missed the boat...LOTR was big so I will give you that but as far as humorous entertainment goes some of these threads are far more entertaining. As for the NZ Media banging the NZ drum I think they should be applauded for doing such a fine job because they seem to suck an awful lot of people in dont they
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:52 pm
Banned

thats the problem, whoever the marketing manager is for NZIS deserves a big pay rise, the marketing for this place is unreal & totally & utterly biased & one sided full of superficial stuff like mountains.
I for one fell for it, but i for one haven't been fully brain washed yet & am getting out before its too late

Originally Posted by shepslady
Somehow I think you guys all missed the boat...LOTR was big so I will give you that but as far as humorous entertainment goes some of these threads are far more entertaining. As for the NZ Media banging the NZ drum I think they should be applauded for doing such a fine job because they seem to suck an awful lot of people in dont they
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=homesick harry]the marketing for this place is unreal.
I for one fell for it.

What did you say about uneducated, stupid people!! Perhaps you should have used your incredible superior brain before you left your Utopia.
KAZ
PS Gonna leave you guys to it now. Trevor Mc is one the news with more racist violence in Utopia, can't miss it!
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:07 pm
Banned

good this is a british expats site, cant you read, BRITISH, not kiwi, go find a kiwi expats site or something like that.
trevor Mc, now theres racism for you, you mean Sir Trevor McDonald, black man reading the news, wheres the moaris here on tv ????
Oh & whilst i'm on the subject, i cant remember any NZ univeristies being as regarded in the world as Cambridge / Oxford / Durham / Manchester, but then these places were teaching people when NZ were still eating each other.
Hows that for educated ????????
BRITISH EXPATS.COM, not bitter insecure kiwis.com

[QUOTE=kaz Hen]
the marketing for this place is unreal.
I for one fell for it.

What did you say about uneducated, stupid people!! Perhaps you should have used your incredible superior brain before you left your Utopia.
KAZ
PS Gonna leave you guys to it now. Trevor Mc is one the news with more racist violence in Utopia, can't miss it!
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:16 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

[QUOTE=homesick harry]good this is a british expats site, cant you read, BRITISH, not kiwi, go find a kiwi expats site or something like that.

Think you really need to re educate yourself homesick harry. This topic has been brought up before & as The Administrator has pointed out on more than one occassion Kiwis living abroad are also expats & she has no problem with us posting on this site. If you object maybe you should take it up with her. Just love the way you resort to childish name calling...bitter insecure kiwis.com.
When someone is foolish enough to make you a moderator then just maybe we will take your advise!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:21 pm
Banned

typical kiwi, 'look at the rules, abide by the rules'
i'm not name calling, but its for british expats, you're not one of those, its not complicated, hey i try to respect everyone's opinions, but you dont see me on the NZ expats forum do you, you know why, because i'm not one & i therefore DONT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS FACED BY THEM WHEN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY,
do you understand the problems faced by british expats, seriously, do you.

[QUOTE=shepslady]
good this is a british expats site, cant you read, BRITISH, not kiwi, go find a kiwi expats site or something like that.

Think you really need to re educate yourself homesick harry. This topic has been brought up before & as The Administrator has pointed out on more than one occassion Kiwis living abroad are also expats & she has no problem with us posting on this site. If you object maybe you should take it up with her. Just love the way you resort to childish name calling...bitter insecure kiwis.com.
When someone is foolish enough to make you a moderator then just maybe we will take your advise!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.