Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Still here in UK desperate not to be! Help!

Wikiposts

Still here in UK desperate not to be! Help!

Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:57 am
Just Joined

moomooandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still here in UK desperate not to be! Help!

Still here in the UK but now the house is on the market at least. We've been on a fact finding mission and it seems that we won't have enough points for a successful EOI without a job offer. Think i've been talking to people who are trying to sell me something......too much! So has anyone got any advice about the time frame. The plan kinda is to 1. sell house 2. get a job offer from the uk (hubby in logistics) 3. apply for work visa 4. move to happiness! Is it that easy? Anyone used Paul Goddard for advice? Any help gratefully received.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still here in UK desperate not to be! Help!

Originally Posted by moomooandy
Still here in the UK but now the house is on the market at least. We've been on a fact finding mission and it seems that we won't have enough points for a successful EOI without a job offer. Think i've been talking to people who are trying to sell me something......too much! So has anyone got any advice about the time frame. The plan kinda is to 1. sell house 2. get a job offer from the uk (hubby in logistics) 3. apply for work visa 4. move to happiness! Is it that easy? Anyone used Paul Goddard for advice? Any help gratefully received.
We 'used' Paul Goddard, very nice , helpful chap but then we found this site!! And quite honestly I've learnt far more on here. True we only did the initial assessment, but we could have done that on line with NZIS points calculator. It's not like he could actually give us a job, we still have to do that, eh?
I'd need a job too for the EOI, pesky thing.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

I Know the feeling we have had the house on the market for over a year now but we are lucky in that we have PR but just cant sell house.
We have two viewings on our house this week so fingers/ everything crossed we have a buyer.
We have got Paul Goddards books and also rang my wife and had a chat with her,( VERY NICE BLOKE) He keeps mailing us about seminars but we did everything ourselves and got the pr in 7 months from start to finish using the online forms at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Last edited by PHONEJUNKY; Sep 10th 2009 at 11:37 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:33 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
It may be that easy or it may not. None of us has a crystal ball. I think if you want something to happen then you will go the extra mile to make it happen. So yes, sell the house, find a job, apply for work visa or PR [or both depending on timescales!] and get over here. Or if you can't get a job then how feasible is it for you to either come over on a recce and try and organise interviews in advance or if you're feeling brave move over and then look?
I got my job offer when I came over here as a visitor, I had already gained PR before I arrived but hadn't taken it up at that point [long story!]. I also did the immigration process and form filling myself with help from on here, all pretty easy if you're a simple case [like me]
Let us know what you decide
Sue
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:42 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I skipped step 1 as did not have a house...
step 2 - was taken care of as I transferred & was offer job from same company I was with
step 3 - easy as long as you have job offer (not so easy right now!!), easier if employer is registered with NZIS.
step 4 - I just hope you have done you researches on this... Dont want to spoil the beans, but in my opinion.... UK wasnt that bad! Dont get me wrong I love leaving here... Work & other stuff - not so much!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:47 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

step 4 - I just hope you have done you researches on this... Dont want to spoil the beans, but in my opinion.... UK wasnt that bad! Dont get me wrong I love leaving here... Work & other stuff - not so much!
Very true, do lots of research, nowhere is perfect and NZ does have its problems. I didn't move here to get away from the UK and could live there again very happily but the pull to come here was stronger than the desire to remain in my comfort zone. Life is too short for regrets
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

We used Paul Goddard and very helpful with the immigration paperwork, my case complicated due to family history, they sorted all ours and PR within 5 months
My OH got job from UK, after one of the Expo, to be honest threw in the keys for the house, didn't make a fat profit or great big loss
Big risk but all worth it in the end

D
Old Sep 11th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi moomooandy

We (OH mostly) did all ours ourselves. alot of the literature and forms help with explainations and theres always the good people on here to help now you found us
It has all turned out ok for us - we followed your plan
1 sold the house - May 08 - 16 months ago
2 got a job by going over and getting one - all by his lonesome
3 submitted EOI in june 09
4 ITA submitted 28th Aug 09
5 Got approved today!!!!

Lots of expense and form filling - but these arent taken away by getting anyone to do this for you - you will still have to do the hard work and collect all the paperwork, to hand to them, with more money, for a service which anyone with the time and inclination can do themselves.

I would say go try it for yourself and save some serious cash in the process. this whole business is expensive enough.

good luck with your dream x
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this little BE NZ forum.

I am liking the look of your plan. Nice and methodical .

My suggestion and it would be only my suggestion as I am not you , is that you try and do this yourselves first and then if you do find you are up against difficulties or have an unusual case , then you hire a professional licensed immigration consultant. Plenty to choose from on the NZAMI website.

When you say
hubby in logistics
do you mean at managerial level or summat? (linky to click)

I am assuming from your post that your husband has an occupation seen as skilled by NZIS but that it is not on the shortages lists at the present time , so that leaves you short of points.

Is that the case?