Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stay or Go.... Dilemma...

Stay or Go.... Dilemma...

Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stay or Go.... Dilemma...

Originally Posted by chief.brody
I'd be gutted if my little one had to go to school with all these kids who swear and think that all there is to life is football. (bit of generalisation here)
Sounds like a serious case of greener grass syndrome

So do you think you'll feel any less gutted that the kid learns to swear from the breakfast time radio show on the school run and is being brought up where there isn't actually much more to life than Rugby.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 12:37 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Don't go back!!!!!!!!

You probably don't realise how rubbish things are getting in the UK... We're trying to get out of here at the moment cos I honestly don't see any future for my little one in this country (UK)

You can get a good job but you can change the situation GB is in at the moment.. and it's not good.

My advice - STAY!!
Have you ever lived in OZ? same shit different Country.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

chief.brody is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh it's all doom and gloom on here..

why don't you all pack up and leave if you hate it so much?

and no I don't have the grass is greener syndrome, I've lived in a few countries and I think I know what I'm looking for.

sorry to hear that you people are not happy with the choices you made.

and to answer one previous poster - yes, remote house and slower pace of life is exactly what I'm looking for.

Last edited by chief.brody; Dec 4th 2011 at 1:37 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

School has been better here, just a shame it is so expensive to live here
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

that's a novel suggestion. i wonder if anyone has ever heard it before?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh it's all doom and gloom on here..

As I said, our move was never supposed to be permanent. I expect to be moving on next year. There will be things and people I miss but I need to be nearer to UK or back in UK for elderly parents issues. I'd like my kids to be able to put down some firm roots in UK sooner rather than later.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I'd like my kids to be able to put down some firm roots in UK sooner rather than later.
And why do you want your kids to have roots in the UK?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 9:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DC10
that's a novel suggestion. i wonder if anyone has ever heard it before?
I know. I'd but it's more of a feeble
Old Dec 6th 2011, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

And why do you want your kids to have roots in the UK?
Answer in sentence 1 above.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Well, I think anyone who thinks there's future in GB must be mad.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, I think anyone who thinks there's future in GB must be mad.
Such a comment says a lot more about you than you realise.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Such a comment says a lot more about you than you realise.
(like what?)

Let's hear it from the greatest judge of character ever!
What makes you think you know who I am and what I'm like when you've never even met me. You don't know who I am, you don't know my background, my age, my experience...

... so go on... tell us what that sentence does say about me.

I'd love to hear it.

...oh and since you are so knowledgeable, can you tell me what future do you see in UK? Are you living in the UK at the moment? If you are and think it's all fine, then you must be either filthily rich and not give a toss about anyone else or like I said.. mad.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

can't even explain yourself properly?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

(like what?)

What makes you think you know who I am and what I'm like when you've never even met me. You don't know who I am, you don't know my background, my age, my experience...

I'd love to hear it.

...oh and since you are so knowledgeable, can you tell me what future do you see in UK? Are you living in the UK at the moment? If you are and think it's all fine, then you must be either filthily rich and not give a toss about anyone else or like I said.. mad.
Personally speaking, I live in the UK and am none of the above. It is possible to leave somewhere regrettably. I love the UK and so does my Kiwi husband. We love everything about our lives here despite not being 'filthy rich', and no, last time I looked neither of us had gone mad. We HAVE to move to NZ for family reasons and are doing so reluctantly. However, I won't be dissing the UK once I leave or moaning about everything in NZ without a sense of humour once we get there. Neither place is awful!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 3:31 pm
Banned

Triumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud of

(like what?)

I'd love to hear it.

You complain that somebody doesn't know you yet you make sweeping statements about people in the UK being either rich or mad if they don't share you pessimism! Have you met them all? I'm fairly content but by no means rich and I think I'm fairly sane!
I think your rant above does say a lot about you especially as it's only a few posts after you said the below (your hypocrisy is incredible). I think the biggest problem with the UK today is the miserable doom mongers. So please, take your own advice and leave.

"Gosh it's all doom and gloom on here..
why don't you all pack up and leave if you hate it so much?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.