Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Starting over in business

Starting over in business

Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

cornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura about
Default Starting over in business

I would like to start a business in NZ but I am having trouble locating stock suppliers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? In the UK it was easy as I built up a good network now I have to start from scratch again.

If you have a shop or a market stall where do you get your stock from?

Many thanks.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Starting over in business

What kind of products are you looking for in particular?

Carol
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

cornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura about

Used to do gift items but not really sure what to do here it depends on what is available. I am very opened mind on the subject.

Do you know of any outlets please?

regards

Susan
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

If you go into the yellow pages online and look under gifts or handcrafts etc that will give you a list of suppliers. Some of them have websites to look at also. www.yellowpages.co.nz

What I see on the immigration forums is people wanting items from the UK ie; Bisto, chocolate, etc. There are shops here that do supply that sort of thing but maybe more are needed. I've noticed that a few Sth Africian shops are now popping up.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annaerb
If you go into the yellow pages online and look under gifts or handcrafts etc that will give you a list of suppliers. Some of them have websites to look at also. www.yellowpages.co.nz

What I see on the immigration forums is people wanting items from the UK ie; Bisto, chocolate, etc. There are shops here that do supply that sort of thing but maybe more are needed. I've noticed that a few Sth Africian shops are now popping up.
Thanks have tried yellow pages not much help,but thnk you for replying.

Susan
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:49 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cornerofsilence
I would like to start a business in NZ but I am having trouble locating stock suppliers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? In the UK it was easy as I built up a good network now I have to start from scratch again.

If you have a shop or a market stall where do you get your stock from?

Many thanks.
China / Hong Kong would be your best bet