British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Spotting rugby players (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/spotting-rugby-players-732025/)

yorkylass Sep 12th 2011 5:08 am

Spotting rugby players

Thought I'd start a new thread, just because I think it will be a fun thing to do .......
Just taken my son for his swimming lesson in the AC Baths,Taupo and there was the whole of the Welsh Rugby team in there too. Jeez, when those guys jumped in there was a tsunami !!!!! Wonder why none of the mums were watching their kids having their lessons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

sirplug Sep 12th 2011 7:11 am

Re: Spotting rugby players

Originally Posted by yorkylass (Post 9614936)
Thought I'd start a new thread, just because I think it will be a fun thing to do .......
Just taken my son for his swimming lesson in the AC Baths,Taupo and there was the whole of the Welsh Rugby team in there too. Jeez, when those guys jumped in there was a tsunami !!!!! Wonder why none of the mums were watching their kids having their lessons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

See Tony Woodcock (All Black), regularly....he's a customer....

RobDon Sep 12th 2011 9:08 am

Namibian team in our local McDonalds. :eek:

pilottinker Sep 12th 2011 8:45 pm

1 Attachment(s)
My son was tackled by Brad Thorn of the All Blacks the other day

P18PPS Sep 13th 2011 7:34 am

great thread, will watch with interest!

yorkylass Sep 14th 2011 11:21 pm

Took my son to watch the welsh team train on Tuesday after school. He managed to get a few autographs and had his photo with Ryan Jones. My friend was in Burgerfuel yesterday and they were all in there. Think its great that they are mixing in with the community and taking rugby around NZ.

Another friend lives in Takapuna, Auckland and has seen some of the French team around the town.

Think its just fab for the kids :)

Charismatic Sep 15th 2011 12:31 am

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 9615207)
Namibian team in our local McDonalds. :eek:

I suppose that is one way to put on a few kilos in a month :rofl:.

love30stm Sep 15th 2011 5:38 am

1 Attachment(s)
One of my friends was at the gym when the American rugby team was working out too when they was in Wanganui!! and damn i missed it!

and a friend of mine (the one in the hat) met Ryan Jones and all the welsh rugby team when in Wellington :thumbup:

P18PPS Sep 15th 2011 8:08 am

so who's going to 'fess up to being "the blond" at a 'dwarf throwing contest' in Queenstown?!?!

yorkylass Sep 15th 2011 8:29 am

No offence to any rugby players, but ............... they're not known for their good looks and Mike Tindall was certainly at the back of the 'good luck queue'.
Whether its true or not, he will certainly be on pretty dodgy ground when he gets back to the uk :eek:

love30stm Sep 15th 2011 8:59 am

Originally Posted by yorkylass (Post 9622465)
No offence to any rugby players, but ............... they're not known for their good looks and Mike Tindall was certainly at the back of the 'good luck queue'.
Whether its true or not, he will certainly be on pretty dodgy ground when he gets back to the uk :eek:

I wouldnt kick Dan Carter out of bed :wub: