Sponsorship??

Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all
Default Sponsorship??

When the time comes i will be sponsoring my other half, does anyone have any idea whether or not to get all this done this side (U.K.) or in N.Z.
Apparently its cheaper in N.Z.to do but takes longer for Residency to come through hoping someone can be of assistance thanks.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:24 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship??

Hi Patrick. Welcome to the Forum. I came here nearly two years ago with my Kiwi hubby and it was really easy. I got a work permit to tide me over until my PR came through and it took 10 months. It was cheaper I believe. Will your OH be working? I had a job within a couple of days so that might have affected how quickly I got my permit - 4 days from application. How long have you been away?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Hi there,been back 6yrs now cant really settle. My partner has been over had a look around (Auckland) and seemed impressed which was a relief !!!.
Just a matter of when now,might apply this end i think just not to sure what to do.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:42 pm
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Hi ya

Ok my opinion is slightly different. I would say do it from the UK. I have actually done it both ways round! I was here in 1989 and went the same route as batty, (also married to a kiwi) work permit and then PR. No problems with it, just took a while. Went back to the UK for a few years and silly girl that I was (then!) I let my PR lapse ! (at the time never thought I would be back) so had to do it all over again, including all the x-rays, blood tests etc. So next time round was in the UK and decided to do it from there, purely for peace of mind really as didnt want to get here and something go wrong. To be honest, nothing most probably would have done but you know how your mind works sometimes, silly thoughts etc. Anyway, applied from the UK and it took less than three months. I dont remember it being particularly expensive, although I cant remember exactly how much it all was and it was five years ago too so prices could have changed since then. But my honest opinion is, do it before you leave the UK.

Hope that helps and good luck
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help that seems to make sense now,as there will be enough to get on with when we get there.cant see there being any problems should be pretty straightforward. I have an indefinite RRV providing the rules dont change as regards that we should be sweet...thanks again
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

I did it from the Uk as well, as also married to kiwi, mine took about 4 months to come thru, but all in all it took me from about the July to the december to get all paperwork...medical, police report etc to get all together