Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Split from 'homesick' thread as off topic.

Split from 'homesick' thread as off topic.

Old May 29th 2007, 6:52 am
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Directly above the centre of the earth...
Posts: 106
Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough
Default Split from 'homesick' thread as off topic.

Originally Posted by BEVS here View Post


Thats what i love, a moderator taking the piss out of a question, no wonder people are leaving in droves to join www.****************.com

Thats me banned.

Adam save your questions mate, they have all been answered.

Last edited by Apple Tree; May 29th 2007 at 8:24 am.
Apple Tree is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 9:12 am
  #2  
Jedi Princess
 
kiwi_child's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 2,089
kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by Apple Tree View Post
Thats what i love, a moderator taking the piss out of a question, no wonder people are leaving in droves to join www.****************.com

Thats me banned.

Adam save your questions mate, they have all been answered.
I think Apple you have jumped the gun here. I have read the thread and BEVS comment was referring to a previous one about a heat pump, NOT to the topic of being homesick, and a sense of humour is a plus in life IMO.
kiwi_child is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 9:33 am
  #3  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Directly above the centre of the earth...
Posts: 106
Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by kiwi_child View Post
I think Apple you have jumped the gun here. I have read the thread and BEVS comment was referring to a previous one about a heat pump, NOT to the topic of being homesick, and a sense of humour is a plus in life IMO.


I know it was about the heat pump. Taking the piss for not knowing something is NOT a sense of humour, maybe a little guidance AND humour would be ok

Sorry the thread has digressed.
Apple Tree is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 9:41 am
  #4  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 343
cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by Apple Tree View Post
Thats what i love, a moderator taking the piss out of a question, no wonder people are leaving in droves to join www.****************.com

Thats me banned.

Adam save your questions mate, they have all been answered.

Ditto but the other forum however does have a mod from here posting there also but not as a mod and probably never will be I hope as will others so what does that say to you as she complained about a post I made there already and caused a small prob.Banned here also now probably.
Jack saw the light and Sky also as well as some others ,BTW your www. forum addy is bad language here so it is ************. but we know where to go ,just hope a few certain others are not invited to join.If they are then that will be the end of a great alternative place to post.BTW Bev I did not patronise you just do what I pm`d you to do please .I still think as a mod /admin on a forum in the UK that it is not the admin who makes decisions its a majority .
Jealousy is a word that comes to mind or afraid of competition is another . to you to the competition.
cherry is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 10:03 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Lexylou's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,109
Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by Apple Tree View Post
I know it was about the heat pump. Taking the piss for not knowing something is NOT a sense of humour, maybe a little guidance AND humour would be ok

Sorry the thread has digressed.
are you for real?
Lexylou is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 10:07 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Lexylou's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,109
Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by cherry View Post
Ditto but the other forum however does have a mod from here posting there also but not as a mod and probably never will be I hope as will others so what does that say to you as she complained about a post I made there already and caused a small prob.Banned here also now probably.
Jack saw the light and Sky also as well as some others ,BTW your www. forum addy is bad language here so it is ************. but we know where to go ,just hope a few certain others are not invited to join.If they are then that will be the end of a great alternative place to post.BTW Bev I did not patronise you just do what I pm`d you to do please .I still think as a mod /admin on a forum in the UK that it is not the admin who makes decisions its a majority .
Jealousy is a word that comes to mind or afraid of competition is another . to you to the competition.


All this talk of the other forums yet you feel the need to come back on this one and talk this type talk.
I for one love BE and have 'experienced' other sites. After being specifically invited, then was uninvited as I made a joke that was not liked. What kind of board bans for for making a joke???? Ha not one i want to be on that is for sure. I would rather stay here thank you very much.
Lexylou is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 10:09 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Lexylou's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,109
Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by kiwi_child View Post
I think Apple you have jumped the gun here. I have read the thread and BEVS comment was referring to a previous one about a heat pump, NOT to the topic of being homesick, and a sense of humour is a plus in life IMO.
exactly! Well pointed out!
Lexylou is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 10:14 am
  #8  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 343
cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by Lexylou View Post

All this talk of the other forums yet you feel the need to come back on this one and talk this type talk.
I for one love BE and have 'experienced' other sites. After being specifically invited, then was uninvited as I made a joke that was not liked. What kind of board bans for for making a joke???? Ha not one i want to be on that is for sure. I would rather stay here thank you very much.
I am posting here until I am removed as a poster as I asked a mod to do for me .I suspect this forum is in need of posters right now so until that day comes I will still put in my opinion good or bad .I just await the day I cant post here and will not worry that much as the other forum is more welcoming .
cherry is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 10:34 am
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
Lexylou's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,109
Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by cherry View Post
I am posting here until I am removed as a poster as I asked a mod to do for me .I suspect this forum is in need of posters right now so until that day comes I will still put in my opinion good or bad .I just await the day I cant post here and will not worry that much as the other forum is more welcoming .
well good luck. I find the other sites a bit boring but each to their own I suppose!
Lexylou is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 11:19 am
  #10  
Jedi Princess
 
kiwi_child's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 2,089
kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by Apple Tree View Post
I know it was about the heat pump. Taking the piss for not knowing something is NOT a sense of humour, maybe a little guidance AND humour would be ok

Sorry the thread has digressed.
I re-read it ad you have a valid point. Seems the OP was the first to respond to it in this way. Look mate, I think it can be a hard call at times: you should see some of the blantant abuse and deliberate winding up that goes on around this site, so in that context, while still a transgression, not one of the biggies I think but at same time not encouraging for new posters.

PS: threads always digress, don't worry 'bout that they usually get back on topic too
kiwi_child is offline  
Old May 29th 2007, 12:19 pm
  #11  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick!

Originally Posted by cherry View Post
Ditto but the other forum however does have a mod from here posting there also but not as a mod and probably never will be I hope as will others so what does that say to you as she complained about a post I made there already and caused a small prob.Banned here also now probably.
Jack saw the light and Sky also as well as some others ,BTW your www. forum addy is bad language here so it is ************. but we know where to go ,just hope a few certain others are not invited to join.If they are then that will be the end of a great alternative place to post.BTW Bev I did not patronise you just do what I pm`d you to do please .I still think as a mod /admin on a forum in the UK that it is not the admin who makes decisions its a majority .
Jealousy is a word that comes to mind or afraid of competition is another . to you to the competition.
There is enough room on the internet for all of us, this has nothing to do with jealously but rather the underhand way they went about pm'ing as many people on this board as they could to join their site and then when they were discovered they re-registered numerous times to keep doing it. We wouldn't dream of doing such a thing and expect the same courtesy. That is the only time I am going to comment on this matter. So as per rule 7 of our site rules please do not bring up issues from other boards onto this site.

Thread closed.
Sue is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.