Spider ID ?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:57 am
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spider ID ?

Any idea what spider this is? Looked kinda menancing on my bedroom ceiling when i woke up today!
I am not usually worried about spiders, but i hear some here cant cause problems still!

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spider ID ?

Originally Posted by LeeBennett
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spidyze2.jpg

Any idea what spider this is? Looked kinda menancing on my bedroom ceiling when i woke up today!
I am not usually worried about spiders, but i hear some here cant cause problems still!

Thanks
Bet he didn't look so hard squashed flat by a shoe..............
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:13 am
Account Closed

Leccy-Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually it perished in a bucket of water...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

You should have tried drowning it first then tipped it out of the water and splatted it to make sure as spiders have a canny knack of surviving for a fair while in water....

We had a rather creepy crawly surprise a few weeks back when in the evening darkness i pulled a large bush root/log out of part of our garden and thought 'i'll stick that on the fire'.

I put said root on fire only to realise a short while later it had an ants nest plus numerous American Cockroaches and other assorted crawlers living in it which i didn't see before putting it on the fire. With it getting a tad warm at home the ants and cockroaches decided it was time to move out of their log home and onto the fire surround and mantlepiece...........

I spent the next few hours squashing what seemed like a million little crawling things..........

Boy those American Cockraoches are hard bar stewards........they take some serious killing.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Fair play to you mate.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LeeBennett
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spidyze2.jpg

Thanks
can you put up a thumbnail of the little blighter as I cant get to the link due to office firewall?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice

It looks like a black headed jumping spider:

http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/re....asp?Bu_Id=227
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Misterjingo.
Did the right thing then, by killing it
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice

Originally Posted by julesnye
Cheers Misterjingo.
Did the right thing then, by killing it
lol. I'm not a fan of jumping spiders after being on the toilet once and having one suddenly jump at me
Old Nov 26th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not a fan of any spiders. I think if they're in my house they're unvited and therefore trespassing, thuwp goes my boot....and the funny thing is they dont do it again...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:41 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Harmless to Humans
You're all a bunch of Puffs
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:06 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

We get loads of those - they're harmless.

http://www.tepapa.govt.nz/TePapa/Eng...pingSpider.htm

Freaky looking though!!

Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future

some one told me the other day that these jumping spiders are the most intelligent of spiders - well the one it my bathroom wasn't - I squashed him silly thing not intelligent enough to know not to come into my house!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:21 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

the words Jumping and Spider are never ever ever a good combination.

Oddly enough, jumping, spider, and huge boot are perfectly fine
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:38 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
the words Jumping and Spider are never ever ever a good combination.

Oddly enough, jumping, spider, and huge boot are perfectly fine
I'm no great fan of spiders but will leave them alone outside. They eat other bugs I don't particularly like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.