Speeding fines

Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fines

THank you for your kind thoughts. You don't need to apologise to me and please don't feel bad.

As I posted I was disappointed at your previous response when I alluded to our situation, however I could have just as easily shared your opinion once. And what's more I had to have this experience to slow down myself, even with my years of working in trauma surgery.

I tried to ignore the thread but as you see my heart tugs got the better of me. I certainly didn't post that info to make anyone feel bad.

If sharing my story slows just one driver down then happy I will be.

"Ëverthing happens for a reason, just the way it is meant to be" .

Last edited by Bellasmum; Jul 30th 2007 at 10:10 am. Reason: forgot to add my thanks
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:21 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
THank you for your kind thoughts. You don't need to apologise to me and please don't feel bad.

As I posted I was disappointed at your previous response when I alluded to our situation, however I could have just as easily shared your opinion once. And what's more I had to have this experience to slow down myself, even with my years of working in trauma surgery.

I tried to ignore the thread but as you see my heart tugs got the better of me. I certainly didn't post that info to make anyone feel bad.

If sharing my story slows just one driver down then happy I will be.

"Ëverthing happens for a reason, just the way it is meant to be" .
You are remarkably strong, and although we'll never meet, you've made a lasting impression. I must apologise, I tend to carried away! It seems such a minor issue, but in reality its not at all. I can only wish you and your family the very best, and again, my heartfelt gratitute to you for expressing such a painful story.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:23 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by planty
Been here nearly a year now and got my second speeding fine in the post today, this time I was doing a massive 6kph over the 50 kph speed limit (apparantly). Back in the UK the family will be laughing there heads off, I drove like a bat out of hell for 20 plus years and never got a ticket.

6kph, that's walking pace, I can cycle faster than the speed limits here.

Be careful guys, snail pace is the way forward.
I hang my head in shame ... I got home earlier in the week to be met with my first ever speeding fine?

It was when I was driving work colleagues back to the office, must have been gassing away and not keeping my eye on the speedometer.

So since then I have driven at either just under or bang on the limit ... and been overtaken, driven up the backside by the car behind and had the charming motorist behind stick his/her headlights on full right up my rear end (ewww, that'd be painful) before turning off!

At least I've learnt my lesson.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:19 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
...At least I've learnt my lesson.
the best "lesson" might be one in a helicopter so as to avoid Kiwis behind the wheel...?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

So since then I have driven at either just under or bang on the limit ... and been overtaken, driven up the backside by the car behind and had the charming motorist behind stick his/her headlights on full right up my rear end (ewww, that'd be painful) before turning off!
Gosh, it's so freaking annoying isn't it? To be overtaken when you're bang on the limit... where's the blimmin' cops then eh? /rant I get that all the time too... :sigh:

Diana, still fuming over getting a ticket for a speed not done.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Gosh, it's so freaking annoying isn't it? To be overtaken when you're bang on the limit... where's the blimmin' cops then eh? /rant I get that all the time too... :sigh:

Diana, still fuming over getting a ticket for a speed not done.
If I thought for one minute they would understand I would be gesticulating wildly out of the window at the speed limit signs, but they wouldn't get it?!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:11 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Well as you know down in the middle of the North Island is a Mountain that people get attracted to.
Put it this way it was the busiest Weekend of the season and it felt like half of Auckland and Hamilton went past my door.
This Afternoon we attended two road accidents further North there was another accident. Both accidents were at what we know as accident blackspots and contributing factor in both cases was dry roads and speed. Witnesses said both cars in both seperate incidents had passed other motorists over the 100kph limit. What caught them out was the corners, in neither case was anyone hurt unlike the other incidents around the country.
Its not just the bad driving over here its the roads they are just not designed for driving excessive speed. Why do you think they have advisory speed limits on corners? Although in some ways I believe those advisory limits are for lazy driving since we did not have that signage back in the UK.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Well as you know down in the middle of the North Island is a Mountain that people get attracted to.
Put it this way it was the busiest Weekend of the season and it felt like half of Auckland and Hamilton went past my door.
This Afternoon we attended two road accidents further North there was another accident. Both accidents were at what we know as accident blackspots and contributing factor in both cases was dry roads and speed. Witnesses said both cars in both seperate incidents had passed other motorists over the 100kph limit. What caught them out was the corners, in neither case was anyone hurt unlike the other incidents around the country.
Its not just the bad driving over here its the roads they are just not designed for driving excessive speed. Why do you think they have advisory speed limits on corners? Although in some ways I believe those advisory limits are for lazy driving since we did not have that signage back in the UK.
Oh dear Colin, poor you. I think you're right on all counts there.

I am really ashamed and bloody cross with self for speeding - not the getting caught bit ... if I hadn't been in the wrong, I wouldn't have the fine? But I don't care what the other drivers do to get me to go faster or how cross I make them, I'm now resolutely sticking to the limit and have never spent so much time watching my speedometer! So one could argue that sometimes the fining/tickets does work.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:55 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Oh dear Colin, poor you. I think you're right on all counts there.

I am really ashamed and bloody cross with self for speeding - not the getting caught bit ... if I hadn't been in the wrong, I wouldn't have the fine? But I don't care what the other drivers do to get me to go faster or how cross I make them, I'm now resolutely sticking to the limit and have never spent so much time watching my speedometer! So one could argue that sometimes the fining/tickets does work.
I probably got used to watching my speedo form the zillions of speed cameras in the UK

Last week I had some oink in a Legnum overtake me in a 80 kph zone because I slowed from 100kph. Only problem for them was I reeled them in on the corners further on until they reached some long straights and you guessed it the flew off into the distance.
Only to get caught by a patrol Car parked in my village which is a 70kph area
Only yesterday my wife was coming home and some lunatic decided that slowing with a righthand indicator to turn right meant that they could overtake.
This time of year people from the city used to crawling in commuter traffic go nuts seeing a big open road with little traffic on it, only problem is it only takes one other car or a underestimated corner for that blast of speed to ruin a few peoples days.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:52 pm
Banned

kiwiflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Speeding fines

Its not speeding that kils but the sudden stop
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.hoofit.co.nz/

Play the Boar - this is the one that peeves me off daily

Scary to think that these are the main reasons people think they are allowed to speed...
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:08 am
Banned

Sounds like me

Seriously if your following someone at 100kph and your a distance back but the road conditions eg corners means you catch up with them and they are in fact plodding along at 95kph and touching there brakes at every slight corner losing speed. Then you are safer to overtake. Question is do you a, Overtake at 100kph or b, complete the manauver as quickly as possible even if it means a burst to 120kph to achieve this?
The third option is to just sit behind them until another car joins you until someone takes a more risky manauver and passes all of you.

Correct use of speed and observation thats the problem.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiwiflyer
Sounds like me

Seriously if your following someone at 100kph and your a distance back but the road conditions eg corners means you catch up with them and they are in fact plodding along at 95kph and touching there brakes at every slight corner losing speed. Then you are safer to overtake. Question is do you a, Overtake at 100kph or b, complete the manauver as quickly as possible even if it means a burst to 120kph to achieve this?
The third option is to just sit behind them until another car joins you until someone takes a more risky manauver and passes all of you.

Correct use of speed and observation thats the problem.
Or wait until a passing lane comes up? Which I believe is what you're meant to do?

What happens to the laid back kiwi bloke once they get behind the wheel? Honestly, it's like blimmin' Jekyll & Hyde....
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:17 am
Banned

Or wait until a passing lane comes up? Which I believe is what you're meant to do?

What happens to the laid back kiwi bloke once they get behind the wheel? Honestly, it's like blimmin' Jekyll & Hyde....
Thats ok if you find a passing lane and the prat does not decide to accelerate, and how long the passing bay is
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

Where are you going in such a hurry man? I drive from the Bay to Auckland about 3 times a year and the difference between 95 Ks and 100 Ks is about 7 minutes!

Enjoy the scenery fella, pretty soon the rest of England will move out here and there'll be grim little housing estates all over it.

Nick (former M62 stress monkey)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.