Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sorry another nurse reg question

Sorry another nurse reg question

Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Sorry another nurse reg question

I need to submit ITA in the next 4 weeks, i was really, really late submitting nurse reg ie last week as i did everything backwards! I had to renew passport, get police check and wasted lots of time. Just wondered if you get a letter stating they have recieved your application as it would be useful to submit with ITA. I cant really delay ITA as we had medicals a few weeks ago and they would be out of date.

Fingers crossed the will accept ITA and hold it until nurse reg is supplied!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:20 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice
Default Re: Sorry another nurse reg question

Other people have done that but they told me I couldn't. I think any points you are claiming for your nursing qualifications rely on your registration. To tell you the truth I would be a bit pissed off if they allowed you
The whole process has been held up waiting for the Nursing Council, all of my plans are now up in the air.

Good luck anyway, I hope it works out (I hope your cw is not the same one as mine)
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice

I have read posts from people who had submitted without nurse reg and others like yourself who were told they couldnt so im playing the ignorance card, i havent contacted immigration so i cant be told either way so im going to submit and hope for the best and hopefully have a different case worker!!!

Im going to bury my head in the sand and hope it all works okay, as it could get expensive if it doesnt work!

I wish i had been on the this site before submitting EOI as i didnt think nurse reg would take as long as it does. Plus i cant get a job offer without it which may have speeded up the process.

What stage are you at ned?
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:48 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

I had planned to fly out on the 2nd of Jan to start work on the 21st. I should be putting my notice in on monday. After waiting over 3 months for my registration (my wife still hasn't received hers) I was able to submit my ITA a month ago the Lodgement Date was the 16th of November. Now Immigration are querying something on my medical and are asking for more evidence of my sons dependance.
On top of that I have had trouble with builders, my house isn't on the market yet and I'm brasic
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Not going well then! Me and my hubby are both nurses as well, we are off to Welly in August. It would be a lot easier if there was a mutual recognition system for nurse registration especially as they accept the qualification is the same.

Hopefully your problems will be sorted out soon, we dont have a house to sell which is one less problem although saying that we have virtually no money to go out with and will earn half the salary we earn here! I was even tempted to ship my hubby off to the oil rigs but he's not so keen the moneys fantastic though!

It will work out in the end, life has a habit of piling on the crap at the worst possible time.

At least newcastle won the footy, made my hubby happy we're both northerners just living in brum but going home for christmas cant wait!!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:06 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

Come August I will have forgotten all of this shite,
then I can be the first to buy you both your first Wellington Pint

Sigh
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:34 am
s3r3

s3r3 will become famous soon enoughs3r3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
I need to submit ITA in the next 4 weeks, i was really, really late submitting nurse reg ie last week as i did everything backwards! I had to renew passport, get police check and wasted lots of time. Just wondered if you get a letter stating they have recieved your application as it would be useful to submit with ITA. I cant really delay ITA as we had medicals a few weeks ago and they would be out of date.

Fingers crossed the will accept ITA and hold it until nurse reg is supplied!
Hi
We had some issues with stuff needed for our ITA. Emailed NZ House in london as we were waiting for NZ Nursing Council Registration (surprise!!!) Anyway they were really helpful & gave us an extra four weeks to submit,thankfully we only needed an extra week but the stress level reduced slightly!! Its worth contacting them. Good Luck!!
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Hi here comes the sun,
I am currently waiting for my police check arriving in order for me to send off my registration form for the NZ nursing council, as most of my stuff has been done i emailed New Zealand just to let them know of the hold up. While i was e.mailing i thought i would ask how long it would take to process my application.......... they said normal processing time is around 3 months. Hope this helps with what you were asking.
Steve and Dee
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I see that nothing has really changed in 2 yrs with nursing council.
I waited from Sept '05 to End Jan '06 for my reg to come through. NZIS will just sit on your ITA til that arrives.

Any newbies out there wanting to move here as nurses, please make nursing reg the number 1 job on your list after getting police checks. You really can't move forward without it.

Good luck to you all.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:58 am
Just Joined

rebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nice

Hey! The NZ council have my application form and have taken my fees but they say they have a backlog of 4 weeks before they will even look at my application! The of course they are having nearly two weeks off for xmas! I was due to start work on 14th January! (I didn't expect to be going till May!) Had to put flight and start date back now!! I don't understand what takes them so long...they will literally have every bit of papaer they need in front of them as I have sent off the request forms for everything...all they need to do is tick it and hey preseto but apparantly it ain't as easy as that!! SO just a word of warning...they are sllllllooooooooowwwwwww so get your application in ASAP if you are thinking of doing it!!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:09 am
ned
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rebecca10
Hey! The NZ council have my application form and have taken my fees but they say they have a backlog of 4 weeks before they will even look at my application! The of course they are having nearly two weeks off for xmas! I was due to start work on 14th January! (I didn't expect to be going till May!) Had to put flight and start date back now!! I don't understand what takes them so long...they will literally have every bit of papaer they need in front of them as I have sent off the request forms for everything...all they need to do is tick it and hey preseto but apparantly it ain't as easy as that!! SO just a word of warning...they are sllllllooooooooowwwwwww so get your application in ASAP if you are thinking of doing it!!
You cant be certain that in two months time they wont say a reference or something is missing

Last edited by ned; Dec 14th 2007 at 6:13 am.