Reload this Page >

Someone to talk to please

Someone to talk to please

Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Plumb-Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Someone to talk to please

Hello
My name is Bob Fillary and I am a plumber/gas engineer from Basildon in Essex.
I have just started the process of obtaining a job sponsored visa so that I can bring my family to N.Z. for a better way of life.
Woulde love to hear from anybody who has allready set up in N.Z. under similar circumstances.
Thanks
Bob
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all
Default Re: Someone to talk to please

Originally Posted by Plumb-Bob
Hello
I have just started the process of obtaining a job sponsored visa so that I can bring my family to N.Z. for a better way of life.
Woulde love to hear from anybody who has allready set up in N.Z. under similar circumstances.
Thanks
Bob
Hi Bob, whereabouts are you going to settle?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bob,

Sorry, I dont have similar circumstances just wanted to say how hard it is to get a gas fitter out here so potentially no shortage of work

Oh, and I am a former Essex girl!

Hope it goes well and you get some good advice from here.

Jude
Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:44 am
Just Joined

sighthoundcrazy will become famous soon enoughsighthoundcrazy will become famous soon enough

Hello
Thanks
Bob
Hi
We have been here a year and my husband is an electrician. We got residency before we left UK but my husband had to sit exams before we left to get that. He was only probationary until he sat exams here after about 3 months. I don't know how it works for plumbers as it is a different trade and the trade exams are much stricter over here.
I think you can get in through work to residence over a 2 year period if you earn over $45,000 a year and have a job offer. You then have to stay as a plumber for that time. That is if plumbers are on the pol list?
My husband and son came over and my husband had 20 job interviews and got them all!
A lot of things are diffrent over here as you have to get planning permission to move a washing machine!
My husband might be able to help you if you would like to ask questions and he might know of somewhere with a job going or the best places to ask. Where do you want to live or don't you mind? We live i South Canterbury which is close to perfect!!!!
We have 4 kids who love it here and it is perfect for them. The cost of living is high in percentage of wages when you stop converting to £ which I would recommend you do straight away! Best thing we ever did was moving out here.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:18 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Bob you sound a bit 'lost'!
I know zilch about plumbing but need one from time to time.
Where will you settle?
I lived in Essex for a bit too! (Burnham on Crouch to be precise!). I love East Anglia. Don't know Basildon - apart from the notepaper!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Hi Bob, whereabouts are you going to settle?
Goodc Morning,
I think it all depends on where the designated skill shortage areas are.
We have done some research and quite like the Nelson area or in and around Chtristchurch.
We have another meeting with our migration advisor today so may know more later.
Bob
Old Aug 8th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi Bob.............

Love the name, so good luck Karma coming your way!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Goodc Morning,
We have done some research and quite like the Nelson area or in and around Chtristchurch.
We have another meeting with our migration advisor today so may know more later.
Bob
Hi,

Hope you got on ok with advisor but just a note of caution! We had dealings with one when we first started looking into emigrating. Bad move - they are ok if you are a professional but seem to know less about other industries. Hubby is HGV driver / farmer, they had no idea hope to get us into the country - we wasted time (and money) putting in an EOI when, as we found out later with our own research, we would never get residency. HGV and some other trades are only on short term shortages list and therefore can only get work visa or work to residency visa at the moment.

We found speaking to NZ immigration at the Sandown exhibition very helpful and the completed all the forms ourselves. We move on a 3yr work visa in 9 weeks to Methven (mid Canterbury).

Good luck with your plans.

Judy
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi Bob.............

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Love the name, so good luck Karma coming your way!
You are such a lovely Karma queen, how's the move?
JANE
Old Aug 9th 2006, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Goodc Morning,
Bob
Hi Bob, I seem to recall a well known plumber from Essex who shared your name ~Terry~ any relation? Quite a hero to aspiring young plumbers like me in his day.
Careful with where you choose to settle. Nelson for instance is bottled LPG only and 2 suppliers dominate trade. You would have a real problem finding employment around the top of the South without being associated with those outfits.
ChCh has much better employment prospects and Queenstown even better if you don't mind the cold. If you contact Gasco in Queenstown they have arranged some sponsorship deal which has already brought a few uk gasfitters over.
Good luck
Old Aug 9th 2006, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Just re read your post and see you are also a plumber so your options aren't quite so limited (once the uk qualifications are mutualy recognised ofcourse).
Old Aug 9th 2006, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by waynepfry
You are such a lovely Karma queen, how's the move?
JANE
Ahhhhh……the move.

Just looking around for single accommodation at the mo………..I won’t hijack Bob’s thread so an update will appear soon, oh and you are right I am a Karma queen.

Ho hum……..!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Someone to talk to please

Originally Posted by bramptonbrian
Hi Bob, I seem to recall a well known plumber from Essex who shared your name ~Terry~ any relation? Quite a hero to aspiring young plumbers like me in his day.
Careful with where you choose to settle. Nelson for instance is bottled LPG only and 2 suppliers dominate trade. You would have a real problem finding employment around the top of the South without being associated with those outfits.
ChCh has much better employment prospects and Queenstown even better if you don't mind the cold. If you contact Gasco in Queenstown they have arranged some sponsorship deal which has already brought a few uk gasfitters over.
Good luck
Evening all
Small world eh,Terry Fillary is my uncle.
He is still involved with training and promoting apprenticeships even though he is now retired.
Thanks for the tips about the Nelson area (sounds a bit limiting)
I will definately follow up on the Queenstown/Gasco lead as gas installing and servicing/maintenance has been my main occupation for the last 10 odd years.
Thanks again and please keep in touch.
Bob
Old Aug 10th 2006, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Evening all
Small world eh,Terry Fillary is my uncle.
He is still involved with training and promoting apprenticeships even though he is now retired.
Thanks for the tips about the Nelson area (sounds a bit limiting)
I will definately follow up on the Queenstown/Gasco lead as gas installing and servicing/maintenance has been my main occupation for the last 10 odd years.
Thanks again and please keep in touch.
Bob
If you speak to Rob at Gasco he'll fill you in with the details, they also have the Rockgas franchise for Queenstown which is a rare reticulated supply.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bramptonbrian
If you speak to Rob at Gasco he'll fill you in with the details, they also have the Rockgas franchise for Queenstown which is a rare reticulated supply.
Hi again
Do you have an e.mail address or phone no. for this guy perchance?
I would like to have a chat with him to get some more details.
Thanks,
Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.