Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Some questions please

Some questions please

Old Sep 24th 2017, 9:21 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions please

Originally Posted by WBHB
Nope, my NZ employer employs a firm that sort it out for you and the medical is the last thing on the so they can apply for the visa. I'm hoping there won't be any hiccups
Oh ok - fingers crossed!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 3:00 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, my NZ employer employs a firm that sort it out for you and the medical is the last thing on the so they can apply for the visa. I'm hoping there won't be any hiccups
Hopefully they understand the new criteria, do you know what visa they are going for?
Old Sep 25th 2017, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

One small word of caution, we also thought there would be no issues as we are both fit and healthy, normal bmi etc but both our medicals were referred due to part of our blood result being slightly outwith the norm! They are also busy just due to a large volume of applications at the end of August, people applying before the changes took affect.

Good luck!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

WBHB is an unknown quantity at this point

Well as above we're all very fit and well but....

We completed the medical on Monday. They told us if any of the blood work fell outside of the normal range they would call us and if it wasn’t the medicals would be submitted to NZ immigration. My wife and daughter’s medical were submitted with no abnormalities. The dr called me today to advise my creatinine had come back slightly elevated (112 with the ref range 90-106).

He advised this was fairly normal for an athletic individual would does a lot of strength training. He put notes on the form to suggest this and submitted the medical but said it ‘may’ deferred simply because I’m out of the ‘normal range’.

Can anybody provide any insight into this and what it will likely mean? Is this likely to delay my visa?. The dr said they may want a retest.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

We completed the medical on Monday. They told us if any of the blood work fell outside of the normal range they would call us and if it wasn’t the medicals would be submitted to NZ immigration. My wife and daughter’s medical were submitted with no abnormalities. The dr called me today to advise my creatinine had come back slightly elevated (112 with the ref range 90-106).

He advised this was fairly normal for an athletic individual would does a lot of strength training. He put notes on the form to suggest this and submitted the medical but said it ‘may’ deferred simply because I’m out of the ‘normal range’.

Can anybody provide any insight into this and what it will likely mean? Is this likely to delay my visa?. The dr said they may want a retest.
One of my husbands results were outwith normal our panel doctor suggested he do another test to back up the results which he done, this delayed his emedical being uploaded by a week. I had two results slightly out, however my panel doctor didn't see it being an issue.

Both medicals were referred, mine was uploaded on 31st August I was advised it had been referred on 6th September and it was completed without needing further testing on 15th September, my husbands was uploaded on 7th September, and didn't hear anything until he chased INZ up yesterday, they advised that it's with the health assessment team. They did say that generally medicals are completed 10days after the health assessment team have all the information they need.

I'm hoping and praying they don't want anything further and it's completed then we are all granted asap. We hope to fly 4wks tomorrow - fingers crossed!!

Good luck!

Last edited by Scottishedo; Sep 27th 2017 at 1:21 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

ANY medical results that fall outside the stated normal limits will mean a referral of the medical report. Immigration officers are not medically trained. Immigration cannot decline a visa on medical grounds (for not having an acceptable standard of health) unless an MA has advised as such so it is the MA's responsibility to investigate any results to establish if the applicant meets the health standard guidelines.
Yes it will definitely delay your application....weeks / months....all depends on what the MA comes back with and if they want you to repeat a test or have anything further in addition to the normal medical.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
ANY medical results that fall outside the stated normal limits will mean a referral of the medical report. Immigration officers are not medically trained. Immigration cannot decline a visa on medical grounds (for not having an acceptable standard of health) unless an MA has advised as such so it is the MA's responsibility to investigate any results to establish if the applicant meets the health standard guidelines.
Yes it will definitely delay your application....weeks / months....all depends on what the MA comes back with and if they want you to repeat a test or have anything further in addition to the normal medical.
Well that's a bummer. I'm doubtful now that we'll be out in NZ for my intended start date (end October).
Old Sep 27th 2017, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's a bummer. I'm doubtful now that we'll be out in NZ for my intended start date (end October).
Couldn't say one way or the other as it all depends on the MA and they don't rush. MA's aren't dedicated to Immigration. They are usually GP's who have been through the accreditation to also assist Immigration so don't expect them to be working full time on Immigration workload.

Which visa ?

You can always go for a medical waiver.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Couldn't say one way or the other as it all depends on the MA and they don't rush. MA's aren't dedicated to Immigration. They are usually GP's who have been through the accreditation to also assist Immigration so don't expect them to be working full time on Immigration workload.

Which visa ?

You can always go for a medical waiver.
I am applying for a talent work visa and my wife will be on a partner of work working visa. I'm not going to lose sleep over it all it is what it is. If it delays things then so be it. The positive side I guess is there was certainly nothing major amiss on the medical.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

I am applying for a talent work visa and my wife will be on a partner of work working visa. I'm not going to lose sleep over it all it is what it is. If it delays things then so be it. The positive side I guess is there was certainly nothing major amiss on the medical.
The average 25 working days for processing is up for us on Monday so there's still time for us to be granted before then meaning the two referrals technically didn't hold us up, although I'm not holding my breath!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
The average 25 working days for processing is up for us on Monday so there's still time for us to be granted before then meaning the two referrals technically didn't hold us up, although I'm not holding my breath!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Yeah I'd take that statement with a big pinch of salt. The INZ website info stated those processing times years ago when we came through the system and they were rubbish then
Old Sep 28th 2017, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I'd take that statement with a big pinch of salt. The INZ website info stated those processing times years ago when we came through the system and they were rubbish then
Even worse when they don't spell an email address correctly now we are massively held up by an error on their part!

My advice would be question and chase everything!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

I would buy appliances in NZ for the following reasons:

-You don't know what your situation will be - our rental has all appliances so it's ours are taking up space in the garage
-Warranty and parts availability
-Price difference isn't that much, I will only buy Korean or local (NZ or Australian) products as the European stuff is fragile and overpriced, same as Euro cars.

As for rentals, yes it's competitive but just fill in the blanks with anything - they never check or contact references anyway
Old Sep 29th 2017, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

movingtonewzealand is an unknown quantity at this point

As for rentals, yes it's competitive but just fill in the blanks with anything - they never check or contact references anyway
I haven't heard of a reference not being checked for rentals actually. All our references were checked and this is our third rental (should be our second, but the last house was misrepresented so we were there three nights and got all our money back from Ray Whites - long story).

Last edited by MrsFychan; Sep 29th 2017 at 10:11 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe depends on the person, but I've never had them checked. Really can't see a young trainee doing the rental applications of dozens of people a week calling up references in the UK (most companies won't release details anyway)

I'm not saying to lie, just saying I wouldn't stress over who you put as references

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.