Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sold my house back in UK!

Sold my house back in UK!

Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sold my house back in UK!

Yippeeee..... we have heard that exchange and completion took place yesterday back in the UK. I was so lucky in that the tenant wanted to buy my house and its gone through only a week longer than was estimated at the beginning. It was too late yesterday to TT the money but we will get it on monday.

We can now properly think about getting our house here. We will be putting down a deposit on it this week.... the owner of the house has waited patiently for us all these weeks.... bless him.... good bottle of wine for him!! I'm getting excited already about getting our own house at last. We have to give 3 weeks notice on this rental house but we will probably give 4.

Yippeee..... we are rich for a few days... until all the funds have to be put down as the deposit on the next house.... oh well.... rich for 3 days.... lol.... at least it will be ours and we wont be renting anymore and we have enough to pay off all our debts too!

I'm so pleased its finally gone through as you can guess!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sold my house back in UK!

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yippeeee..... we have heard that exchange and completion took place yesterday back in the UK. I was so lucky in that the tenant wanted to buy my house and its gone through only a week longer than was estimated at the beginning. It was too late yesterday to TT the money but we will get it on monday.

We can now properly think about getting our house here. We will be putting down a deposit on it this week.... the owner of the house has waited patiently for us all these weeks.... bless him.... good bottle of wine for him!! I'm getting excited already about getting our own house at last. We have to give 3 weeks notice on this rental house but we will probably give 4.

Yippeee..... we are rich for a few days... until all the funds have to be put down as the deposit on the next house.... oh well.... rich for 3 days.... lol.... at least it will be ours and we wont be renting anymore and we have enough to pay off all our debts too!

Congratualations Sarah
That must be a real relief.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

It sure is. I had hoped it would go through OK but we heard nothing for weeks and weeks and then suddenly it all happened. Its always a relief when it finally does happen. I dont feel sad at all to say goodbye to my little house... I'm too excited about getting our new house here.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent news!

Good on yer mate!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Off2NZ will become famous soon enoughOff2NZ will become famous soon enough

Congratulations, Sarah. I'm pleased for you. The area around Beachlands is so pretty - we've just been to Te Puru park (hubby was reffing a football match there) and we had a drive around to the beach at Maraetai and through Omana(?) Regional Park. It was so lovely with the sun shining on the water and quiet and peaceful.

Good luck with buying your new house and enjoy the feeling of being rich for a while!

G
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Off2NZ
Congratulations, Sarah. I'm pleased for you. The area around Beachlands is so pretty - we've just been to Te Puru park (hubby was reffing a football match there) and we had a drive around to the beach at Maraetai and through Omana(?) Regional Park. It was so lovely with the sun shining on the water and quiet and peaceful.

Good luck with buying your new house and enjoy the feeling of being rich for a while!

G
Yep, rich for 3 days til its all gone! At least I made a profit so Im pleased.

It sure is pretty isnt it.... I love that drive round Maraetai. I take my little lad to feed the animals at Omana occasionally, and he loves playing on the beach there. Its just such a beautiful area. I have expat friends here who love it too, they love bringing their kids up in such a lovely area and still marvel at the stunning views.

Thanks.... we hope to move into our house in either 4 or 5 weeks time depending on how everything goes this week.

Good luck to everyone else whos selling their UK house.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, rich for 3 days til its all gone! At least I made a profit so Im pleased.

It sure is pretty isnt it.... I love that drive round Maraetai. I take my little lad to feed the animals at Omana occasionally, and he loves playing on the beach there. Its just such a beautiful area. I have expat friends here who love it too, they love bringing their kids up in such a lovely area and still marvel at the stunning views.

Thanks.... we hope to move into our house in either 4 or 5 weeks time depending on how everything goes this week.

Good luck to everyone else whos selling their UK house.
Fantastic news Sarah, you'll soon be able to hang your pictures where you want them.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 10:02 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you Sarah. I remember you saying that you were hanging on to the UK property for the rental income etc. Must be a big decision to now sell and buy in NZ

Good for you.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Biddy
Really pleased for you Sarah. I remember you saying that you were hanging on to the UK property for the rental income etc. Must be a big decision to now sell and buy in NZ

Good for you.
Thanks.... I started making a loss on the property and with UK IR messing me about I saw no point in hanging onto it. It is a big decision but it was kinda made for me. We still have our town house there so not cut all our ties with UK completely yet.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Woohoo... got my money. Have started to pay OH's and my debts off. Going unconditional on Beachlands house tomorrow.... its all happening!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Woohoo... got my money. Have started to pay OH's and my debts off. Going unconditional on Beachlands house tomorrow.... its all happening!

Great news Sarah,

Big Congrats on owning a piece of Beachlands. You'll be all settled by xmas and able to sit and relax a bit before the new baby arrives. Exciting days ahead.

I went for a drive around Beachlands the other day taking a friend to look at houses and I can't believe all the new ones going up. There are some nice places going up. I heard that there is another sub division going ahead in Maraetai, another 60 homes.

Good Luck with the move.

Carol
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Fanastic, you sound sooo happy its contagious!!

We are 4 weeks into our new house and I am starting to love it. I miss the sea views we had in our rental but we now have a small reserve plus a little swing park and pond which the baby loves right outside our door.

I'm already jealous...I love moving
Old Jul 26th 2006, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by annaerb
Great news Sarah,

Big Congrats on owning a piece of Beachlands. You'll be all settled by xmas and able to sit and relax a bit before the new baby arrives. Exciting days ahead.

I went for a drive around Beachlands the other day taking a friend to look at houses and I can't believe all the new ones going up. There are some nice places going up. I heard that there is another sub division going ahead in Maraetai, another 60 homes.

Good Luck with the move.

Carol
My friends just moved into a lovely new house down at Pine Harbour Estate... they are made so nice and she has heating too!! Im pleased that they dont all look the same too unlike estates back in UK.

I hope Beachlands and Maraetai dont get too much bigger though. They are nice as they are.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
Fanastic, you sound sooo happy its contagious!!

We are 4 weeks into our new house and I am starting to love it. I miss the sea views we had in our rental but we now have a small reserve plus a little swing park and pond which the baby loves right outside our door.

I'm already jealous...I love moving
That sounds nice! The road we are moving too is busier than this one but we're moving to a full sized section and a roomy house so plenty of room for littlun to let off steam. I love the views here but the house is not ideal for us... definately not baby or toddler friendly.

I dont like moving much.... but its into our own place and Im actually do like cleaning. I'll be glad when its all over.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

That sounds nice! The road we are moving too is busier than this one but we're moving to a full sized section and a roomy house so plenty of room for littlun to let off steam. I love the views here but the house is not ideal for us... definately not baby or toddler friendly.

Excellent, a full section, they are like hens teeth around here.
We must have looked at around 60 houses and I think we saw only one or two on a full section!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.