Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sold House Again!! (fingers crossed)

Sold House Again!! (fingers crossed)

Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all
Thumbs up Sold House Again!! (fingers crossed)

Hiya All,

That Karma you all sent, certainly did the job, weve had three offers this week and sold this morning, think we could probably have got more but we just wanted rid.

Also things looking up on the job prospect front, we have spoken to our agent at Golden Sands Migration in NZ and he is already waiting to speak to the employer that offered Jim the job originally.

Failing that he will look for a job for him which we had built into our contract anyway, hopefully this might turn out for the better as he may get more money that way by working for a smaller firm and not such a worldwide company.

I do have a couple of questions that some1 might be able to answer.

We were hoping to bring all our lamps with us, would we be able to purchase bulbs to fit in NZ. Also our ceiling lights would they be ok to bring over, would the the fittings be compatible or not. (I know it sounds stupid but a few were really expensive and I just love them)

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thank you all again for your replys they were really uplifting.

Julie and Jim x
Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:49 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sold House Again!! (fingers crossed)

Congratulations thats great news , you must be majorly relieved !
good luck with all the rest, fingers crossed..
ceri
& just noticed , your just down the road from me ...Cark ! small world
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

good news on the house front.

How rock n roll am I, first night back in barrow for ages and i'm sat infront of a computer!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Sold House Again!! (fingers crossed)

Originally Posted by ceri75
Congratulations thats great news , you must be majorly relieved !
good luck with all the rest, fingers crossed..
ceri
& just noticed , your just down the road from me ...Cark ! small world

Oh my god, how small.

Are you going on your own and do you have everything ready for your move?

Ju x
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Sold House Again!! (fingers crossed)

Originally Posted by richyandkat
good news on the house front.

How rock n roll am I, first night back in barrow for ages and i'm sat infront of a computer!!!!
Thanx for the reply.

Ure about as rock n roll as us, but its a real shitty nite, so you're probably better off where you are.

Have a gud un.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliejamesmcgrath
Hiya All,

We were hoping to bring all our lamps with us, would we be able to purchase bulbs to fit in NZ. Also our ceiling lights would they be ok to bring over, would the the fittings be compatible or not. (I know it sounds stupid but a few were really expensive and I just love them)

:
Congrats on the house, ours went through on the third go.
Bring everything, bulbs, batteries are all the same here. Just bring loads of travel adaptors and multi adaptors. We brought the lot & everything is still going fine. I felt that having our own stuff around us, really helped to settle in quickly.
Good luck
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliejamesmcgrath
Hiya All,

That Karma you all sent, certainly did the job, weve had three offers this week and sold this morning, think we could probably have got more but we just wanted rid.

Also things looking up on the job prospect front, we have spoken to our agent at Golden Sands Migration in NZ and he is already waiting to speak to the employer that offered Jim the job originally.

Failing that he will look for a job for him which we had built into our contract anyway, hopefully this might turn out for the better as he may get more money that way by working for a smaller firm and not such a worldwide company.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thank you all again for your replys they were really uplifting.

Julie and Jim x
Congratulations, i know the stress involved and hope everthing goes alright with this one.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yup ! Congrats on the house.