Reload this Page >

Solar panel installer

Solar panel installer

Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:28 am
Just Joined

barbarazzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Solar panel installer

Hi,
My husband and I are considering moving to New Zealand with our 2 children, but are struggling to fit our work experience or qualifications into any of the skilled occupations lists. He left the RAF 7 years ago and retrained as a plumber. We had our own business for 3 years before he sold this and started working for a solar installation company. I don't think he can apply as a plumber because he hasn't completed an apprenticeship. He currently works more on the electrical side because most of his jobs are for pv panel installations and is 1 exam away from applying for full registration with NICEIC (?) but also hasn't done an apprenticeship in this area.
He would really like to continue working in the solar field - does anyone know whether there is much work available in this area, and any advice on how we could go about it? Am I right in thinking that we could apply for a WTR visa and then apply for PR thereafter?
Any tips would be gratefully received!